Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Drive Mode for Rain and Cold.

Blackwing61

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 Cadillac CTS-V | 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
I am not sure if this has been discussed already, I couldn't find anything.

What drive mode are you using for in the rain and/or cold? The snow mode is horribly unexciting. I generally drive in My Mode with all setting half way except for exhaust at wide open. I have found the My Mode with PTM set at Wet/Snow seems to be a pretty good combo.

Yes, but I can't get the tires warm this time of the year. I have found this combo to still have a little excitement and not spinning the rears all over the place.

What drive mode are you using for in the rain and/or cold? The snow mode is horribly unexciting. I generally drive in My Mode with all setting half way except for exhaust at wide open. I have found the My Mode with PTM set at Wet/Snow seems to be a pretty good combo.
I would have thought that PTM wet is more loose compared to no PTM at all. PTM is for additional slip angle and some throttle management during ‘track’ driving

Is there some reason you aren't using Snow/Ice mode? Why PTM?

I would have thought that PTM wet is more loose compared to no PTM at all. PTM is for additional slip angle and some throttle management during ‘track’ driving
From my limited experience, that is not the case. I started this Thread for a discussion. Try it out and let me know your thoughts!

SavageGeese has a chart of all the different modes in their break down video. Slip Target, ESC and eLSD are the same as Tour Mode settings while in PTM Wet. ABS is also tuned slightly different for cold tire and weather than all the other PTM modes.

SavageGeese has a chart of all the different modes in their break down video. Slip Target, ESC and eLSD are the same as Tour Mode settings while in PTM Wet. ABS is also tuned slightly different for cold tire and weather than all the other PTM modes.
Good to know. Link+time stamp please 😁

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners