Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Does a Blackwing Escalade soften the brand?

RupertH

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 BW5
Been seeing the spy shots, and people talking about whether or not the Escalade with the CT5 BW engine (that's... not a Blackwing?) will be called a Blackwing. So, my question is, if they decide to call it a BW, does that soften the brand? I realize that having a 3-ton, top-heavy behemoth share the name does nothing to the actual performance of these cars, but is it a mistake on Cadillac's part to go the Ford route and slap a successful name on anything and everything (Mustang Mach-E, Bronco Sport) in an effort to capitalize on a popular brand? It was one thing to diverge from the engine and keep the label, but is this a bridge too far?

I could see (and would probably buy) an XT-5 BW or XT-4 BW if it were an AWD cousin to the sedans. I've driven an X5 M, and that was pretty amazing- but the 6 and the Escalade are just so big and long, I just can't see either having anything but amped up straight line performance. Not suggesting they shouldn't offer the engine, just curious how everyone feels about the Blackwing moniker being tossed around.

To be clear- if they offered a manual transmission in an Escalade, they could call it whatever they wanted and I'd buy one! Actually, that goes for any of their SUVs- I want a performance SUV with a stick shift!!

I may be mistaken but I think I read somewhere that it’s just gonna be a V, not a BW. No matter what you do to an Escalade it’ll never be the “pinnacle of Cadillac performance” or however they refer to the BW.

I may be mistaken but I think I read somewhere that it’s just gonna be a V, not a BW. No matter what you do to an Escalade it’ll never be the “pinnacle of Cadillac performance” or however they refer to the BW.
According to GM Authority article from a couple of days ago, it will just be the V, even though it will have the supercharged LT4.

Sources: Upcoming Cadillac Escalade-V Will Sound Menacing

You would get a $25,000 income credit on the Escalade with a Section 179 deduction...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back