Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Daily Driver Observations

ClassaxV

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V Blackwing Raven Black, SkyCool 6spd
Daily driving the CT4VBW continues to be a blast. Here are a couple of my observations to for anyone considering dailying a Blackwing.

The softest setting of suspension is really plush but the car still corners extremely flat when pushed.

Ceramic coat the wheels and calipers if nothing else, brake dust is CRAZY but rinses right off.

The cabin is quiet but the car is LOUD. People get startled but enjoy all the sundry revving it does if you own the manual.

To the above point, if you're going to attract the attention of LEO's its going to be because of the sound. Been pulled over a few times because of the burbles on decel and had to convince them that's just her way of showing her displeasure at having to slow down.... otherwise she flie pretty well under their proverbial radar, (their literal one will still nail you though, so be alert).

Get the MANUAL even in stop-and-go traffic the clutch is PERFECT!!!!!

Normal commuting forces me to obey the speed limits here in town and it pushes my average MPG up to an embarrassing 20.5. I have to really drive like a hooligan to get it back down to under a respectable 17 for a sports car.

Get the darkest tint you can, especially if you have skycool gray interior, the cabin seems quite bright and airy compared to a Camaro or C8 Otherwise you will still feel like you're in a fishbowl.

Mustangs universally wish to try me at every opportunity. What is it with that group? What are they like 12? You can't race anybody during rush hour Bruh, just quit already. Besides that 5.0 GT doesn't get the power down the same way the BW does.

Launch control allows too much wheel spin, launch from like 2.5K RPM feather the clutch and you can drop 4.2s 0-60s all day on any surface.

No lift shift isn't a natural experience and keeping it pinned feels and sounds weird, not to mention the fact that you will be in triple digits if you have enough space to use it beyond 3rd.

Leave the AC in auto, the fan comes on extra strong at start up so the wife feels like its cooling quicker.

The upgraded seats are AMAZING and in a performance upright driving position, the massage function actually feels pretty good.

No, you will not get used to the stupid parking brake being placed in the wrong spot.

Pay attention when fueling as the filler nozzle does not place nicely with all gas pumps. DO NOT just click it and walk away. You may either not get a full tank or as happened to me once it just keeps pumping and overflows creating a puddle under the right rear of the car and throwing an evap code for a few engine cycles.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, you definitely are going to want to establish a very solid relationship with your dentist, you're going to need to have your teeth straight and clean because of the constant smiles this car elicits during even the most mundane of trips.

Thoughts????

Last edited:
Mustangs universally wish to try me at every opportunity. What is it with that group? What are they like 12? You can't race anybody during rush hour Bruh, just quit already. Besides that 5.0 GT doesn't get the power down the same way the BW does.
I agree with this sentiment...wholeheartedly.

Dude, you crack me up! Likewise, i agree with the view you pose abt those 5.0 challengers. What r they thinking?
And, yes, the fuel pumping thing frustrates and worries me everytime I go to fill up the 4BW.

Thoughts?
You should have bought the 5 :)
You should have bought the manual 😜

Episode 17 Touche GIF by The Simpsons

Tell me about it. I have been daily-ing mine for the last 6 months +. Im lucky and I live in the canyons of So Cal and take Old Topanga, Stunt, Rambla Pacifica and PCH to work. Dusted a few off on some daytime canyon runs on the way to work, the biggest surprise was a Turbo S, but methinks that guy could not operate the round thing in front of him too well and did no want to crunch his $200k+ car. I have a desk sign in the back window that my wife got me for Xmas that says: Ask Me About My Cats. I wonder what he was thinking at the stoplight...

My experience is that in Rift, no one knows what it is and I dont get messed with. Once by an F150 Raptor...during break in...and wasnot even close.

Daily driving the CT4VBW continues to be a blast. Here are a couple of my observations to for anyone considering dailying a Blackwing.

The softest setting of suspension is really plush but the car still corners extremely flat when pushed.

Ceramic coat the wheels and calipers if nothing else, brake dust is CRAZY but rinses right off.

The cabin is quiet but the car is LOUD. People get startled but enjoy all the sundry revving it does if you own the manual.

To the above point, if you're going to attract the attention of LEO's its going to be because of the sound. Been pulled over a few times because of the burbles on decel and had to convince them that's just her way of showing her displeasure at having to slow down.... otherwise she flie pretty well under their proverbial radar, (their literal one will still nail you though, so be alert).

Normal commuting forces me to obey the speed limits here in town and it pushes my average MPG up to an embarrassing 20.5. I have to really drive like a hooligan to get it back down to under a respectable 17 for a sports car.

Get the darkest tint you can, especially if you have skycool gray interior, the cabin seems quite bright and airy compared to a Camaro or C8 Otherwise you will still feel like you're in a fishbowl.

Launch control allows too much wheel spin, launch from like 2.5K RPM feather the clutch and you can drop 4.2s 0-60s all day on any surface.

No lift shift isn't a natural experience and keeping it pinned feels and sounds weird, not to mention the fact that you will be in triple digits if you have enough space to use it beyond 3rd.

Leave the AC in auto, the fan comes on extra strong at start up so the wife feels like its cooling quicker.

The upgraded seats are AMAZING and in a performance upright driving position, the massage function actually feels pretty good.

No, you will not get used to the stupid parking brake being placed in the wrong spot.

Pay attention when fueling as the filler nozzle does not place nicely with all gas pumps. DO NOT just click it and walk away. You may either not get a full tank or as happened to me once it just keeps pumping and overflows creating a puddle under the right rear of the car and throwing an evap code for a few engine cycles.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, you definitely are going to want to establish a very solid relationship with your dentist, you're going to need to have your teeth straight and clean because of the constant smiles this car elicits during even the most mundane of trips.

Thoughts????
This is 100% correct, every word.

Thoughts????
Nailed it!

Those who don't have any issues don't quite understand. You have a bum knee, shoulder or some other ailment, you get it. Ask my cousin's husband who lost his leg when a women hit him on his motorcycle. Yeah, he lost his chance at being a pro athlete.

Easy to say. Once you get rear ended by a cage while on a bike and have your right shoulder/arm messed up it can be a different story.

Been there done that, got the stitches. The only vehicular accident I've ever been in that sent me to an ER was being hit from behind while waiting at a stoplight. The lady claimed she didn't see me but how do you not see a 6'4 man with a white and black helmet, white and red leather jacket , white, black and red race gloves and boots a top a snarling race bike? She punted me into middle of the intersection and the bike landed on top of me. Thank God I was wearing full gear; knee pads saved me from loosing a leg and the chest protector kept the clip on from punching a hole in my chest.

Sorry for you pain Bro. I hate you don't get to experience just how amazing the 6 speed is, as you certainly have experience to appreciate it.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners