Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Custom Seatbelts

BPR1337

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 Blackwing
Has anyone done or have info on custom Seatbelts? I might be in the same boat as a few others but my car came equipped with black seatbelts and really wanted to do a color. I'd love to do a similar grey/white to match the sky grey seats or black with some red pinstripes on either side.

Has anyone changed their color or swapped to the red belts that could provide any info? Much appreciated!

There are a few threads on this...most (including me) are sketched out by 3rd party belts or die jobs and recommend getting the OEM parts. This would limit you to tan or red, but I'll take one of those over the color of dead from a failed modified or aftermarket belt.

I thinking I would try, and maybe do a blue to match the calipers? Mine are of the boring black variety as well with an all black interior! the Blue would pop. Would change them if it makes practical sense. Any aftermarket bits out there would have to meet or exceed this Certs as well.

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) #209 & #302 Approved

I'd get one of their recommended installers, if they have a list to do the job for sure!

A
There are a few threads on this...most (including me) are sketched out by 3rd party belts or die jobs and recommend getting the OEM parts. This would limit you to tan or red, but I'll take one of those over the color of dead from a failed modified or aftermarket belt.
Apologies. Should of used the search function first. If one were to do OEM red will the dealer install them or is the process relatively doable on your own? Thanks!

I thinking I would try, and maybe do a blue to match the calipers? Mine are of the boring black variety as well with an all black interior! the Blue would pop. Would change them if it makes practical sense. Any aftermarket bits out there would have to meet or exceed this Certs as well.

That would look awesome! If you end up giving it a go let us know how it went!

A

Apologies. Should of used the search function first. If one were to do OEM red will the dealer install them or is the process relatively doable on your own? Thanks!
Call the dealer and ask them? I would have a pro install certified seatbelts, whoever that is.

Would the OEM blue belts from the C8 be an option?

Hmmm, did not know the C8 had a Blue Belt option? Fronts maybe, backs? Gonna touch base with my dealer and ask.....curious.

Just looked at those out, they are "Rapid Blue" which would not work in concert with the Blue Caddy Calipers. That C8 is a special car! Good lead to ck out! Thanks.

I looked in to it and got some of the part numbers for the red belts on the 5BW. You can only buy the belt with the pretensioner and I don't expect they are the same as the C8. If for no other reason, the BW has the auto-tensioner and the C8 does not.

I pulled the replacement instructions from the FSM and it looks pretty straightforward. Other than removing the plastic trim it's a couple of big Torx bolts. I plan on doing it myself when I get around to buying the belts and I am one of the folks that don't trust any 3rd party belt options.

Somethings to consider on this topic, every modern vehicle seat belt system is specifically designed and tuned to that car model only and are not interchangeable, and sometimes a model plus a specific powertrain combination might even get its own calibration from other trims with different engines. Modern seat belts have sophisticated energy management features, locking features, webbing pretensioning and other things that are specific to the vehicle that allow it work in harmony with the rest of the car to protect you in a crash. FMVSS 209 and 302 and even ECE are generic component level tests and do not consider the system level performance (that actual car into a barrier). That’s what FMVSS 208, 214 and all the star rated NCAP tests do. I would not suggest anything other than OEM part numbers verified to your VIN for any modifications.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions, I have a lot of professional experience in this area of automotive, and just had to give my 2 cents.

Somethings to consider on this topic, every modern vehicle seat belt system is specifically designed and tuned to that car model only and are not interchangeable, and sometimes a model plus a specific powertrain combination might even get its own calibration from other trims with different engines. Modern seat belts have sophisticated energy management features, locking features, webbing pretensioning and other things that are specific to the vehicle that allow it work in harmony with the rest of the car to protect you in a crash. FMVSS 209 and 302 and even ECE are generic component level tests and do not consider the system level performance (that actual car into a barrier). That’s what FMVSS 208, 214 and all the star rated NCAP tests do. I would not suggest anything other than OEM part numbers verified to your VIN for any modifications.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions, I have a lot of professional experience in this area of automotive, and just had to give my 2 cents.
Important weigh in, and much appreciated, valuable tech shared along with the experience on the post. This matter by no means, is a simple as a seat belt color, that I can say from experience in my on way. Thankful for your weigh in on this! (2 valuable cents) ;) Happy and Safe New Year to all out there! Back to my "caja china".

Important weigh in, and much appreciated, valuable tech shared along with the experience on the post. This matter by no means, is a simple as a seat belt color, that I can say from experience in my on way. Thankful for your weigh in on this! (2 valuable cents) ;) Happy and Safe New Year to all out there! Back to my "caja china".
What time is the pig being served? 😋

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners