Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Bleeding BW5 Supercharger

MatthewAMEL

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 BW5 M6
Anyone found a way to bleed the supercharger without the engine running?

On the Camaro, the supercharger pump was a relay you could jumper to get it to run with the car off.

I have the Dedicated Motorsports adapter for the bleed port. I can confirm it fits fine. When I went to find the relay for the Supercharger pump, turns out it's a standard 15-amp mini blade fuse (#28 Charged Air Cooler) unless I am reading the fuse block wrong.

Also noticed, the coolant tank and surge tank are combined into one in the CT5. Cool. No mini funnel headache.

Thanks in advance.

My favorite bleeder out of the 4 I have hooks to the factory port and has a quick disconnect and long tube.

The others didn't work as well. Lastly I tried jumping the fuse, but I could never get it to work. Ended up getting the motor warm to the pump would start and did a lot squeezing on the pipes to push fluid through. Even with the my new setup with the expansion tank it was a hassle.

This connection piece from prospeed is legit.

Also the jannety racing HX quick connector with clear tube works well.

1698688047244.png

Thanks for that. I have an adapter for the bleed/fill port. The Dedicated one has threads for a standard 1L/2L bottle. My issue was getting the pump to run.

Found a way to make that work using my Autel unit. It has a access to a full set of ECU commands, so I can tell it to run the S/C pump.

Thanks for that. I have an adapter for the bleed/fill port. The Dedicated one has threads for a standard 1L/2L bottle. My issue was getting the pump to run.

Found a way to make that work using my Autel unit. It has a access to a full set of ECU commands, so I can tell it to run the S/C pump.
Which Autel do you have? i'm in the market for a good code reader/Diag tool.

Which Autel do you have? i'm in the market for a good code reader/Diag tool.

I have the Autel MaxiCOM MK808S. It's very much overkill for just code reading, but I got it on a deal through work. It supports FCA Autoauth which was a must have for me to use on my wife's Jeep.

It can do a LOT. It has full access to the ECU and BCM, so I can issue commands to individual items/systems, like the S/C pump.

I have the Autel MaxiCOM MK808S. It's very much overkill for just code reading, but I got it on a deal through work. It supports FCA Autoauth which was a must have for me to use on my wife's Jeep.

It can do a LOT. It has full access to the ECU and BCM, so I can issue commands to individual items/systems, like the S/C pump.
Thought replied earlier, but confirmed this will run the supercharger pump with the car off?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back