Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone's Tech Bronze Wheels Fade?

1BadTundra

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BlackWing
I have the tech bronze wheels. When I bought the car they matched the bronze calipers. Fast forward a year, my wheels are a pewter color now and the calipers are still bronze... I wasn't a big fan of either, figured I could swap the wheels or have the calipers painted... I picked up an order that the buyer backed out on, so I scooped it up without too much choice in the options. Now the color of the wheel is starting to make the calipers look brown in comparison.

I think the wheels look a bit faded (from memory as I have black wheels, but want Tech Bronze) but on my monitors, there isn't a significant difference in color between the wheel and caliper.

I'll have to get a straight on pic... I'll try to get one up soon

Have you done any track days or performance driving? Maybe it’s your calipers changing color ever so slightly…? The wheels seem to look fine to me (I have the same ones on my car) but I do know that a trip up the road turns them bronze to gray pretty quickly…

Have you done any track days or performance driving? Maybe it’s your calipers changing color ever so slightly…? The wheels seem to look fine to me (I have the same ones on my car) but I do know that a trip up the road turns them bronze to gray pretty quickly…
Wondering the same. My Evo's brembo's were called brownbo's by the time I sold it.

No track days, nothing extreme... just regular beating the hell out of it around town. Nothing that would burn in the calipers. They look like a matte pewter when they're clean.

That's for damn sure, they get dark fast with these brakes!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back