Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

All roads lead to a manual transmission

therustytrombone

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V BW (46-208)
Hello folks, glad to be here, albiet unexpectedly.

A not-so-brief vehicle history:

My first car was a North NJ Italian Spec 1987 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z in Blue.

After that, I needed to feel boost, so I bought a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD in manual, this started my love for banging gears. Trying to own a DSM as a college student is a fool's errand, so we all know how that ended up.

After college, I moved on to a 2005 Pontiac GTO in Midnight Blue with a 6 speed manual:

2005 GTO.jpg

Unfortunately, Superstorm Sandy dropped a tree on the roof :cry: and finished that beauty off.

Next was a 2011 Infiniti G37 Sedan with a 6mt (very rare). That car did everything pretty well, but was rather uninspiring.

I always had the itch for an E46 M3, it came out when I was a junior in high school and always had a soft spot for them. I finally was able to realize ownership of this great in January of 2014, where I bought a 1-owner 2006 BMW M3 in Interlagos Blue with the Competition package, again with a 6-speeed manual:

R0eLS4s.jpg

I liked this car so much that I drove it from 60k to 234k miles, where it sits now in my garage. Every time I hop back into this car, I instantly get that fizzy feeling that I've been chasing ever since. It's no wonder the values of these have absolutely skyrocketed.

As the miles gained rapidly on the M3, I started a new job at a company that offers EV charging. Since I'm not only a car guy but a huge IT nerd, I decided it was time to try out a Tesla, so I purchased a new 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance:

hAmVsfU (1).jpg

Hard to think there's a better commuter car out there, and this one just happens to do 0-60 in 3 seconds. I've already put 60,000 miles on her in just over 2 years, and it hasn't really skipped a beat. Also, no maintenance was a revelation coming from an M3 where I rebuilt the variable valve/timing system and replaced the engine rod bearings... preventatively as maintenance items.

During COVID, I started getting less and less enamored with the EV car trying to play both roles of commuter and set-your-hair-on-fire mountain carver, so I went shopping. This was right before the chip shortage went into full swing and there were deals to be had on cars on lots. I found something that ticked almost every checkbox for my car needs, except having a manual transmission. I've driven a Jag F-Type with the ZF8 transmission, so I knew that it was actually pretty good. I ended up buying a 2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium off the lot, right before car values exploded:

lqwODrE.jpg

I love this thing, I really do. It's insanely quick for "335 hp" (B58 is really a fantastic motor), handles like a dream, and I've recorded 32.56mpg on a full highway run during a road trip. The duality pleases the Gemini within me! It appears that the trade-in value is more than I paid new, and I put 17,000 very fun miles over 1.5 years, so I think its time to end this EuroAsian fling. It's also a tad too small for the road trips I like to embark on.

This brings me here! I loved the ATS-V, but couldn't reconcile the Pontiac Vibe gauge cluster for a car of that price point. Honestly, at that time, I would have just bought a F8x M3/M4 for similar money.

I started getting interested in the 4BW, but before I really did any due dilligence, by all accounts were that they were sold out or very hard to get already. I ended up getting the car shopping itch (what else is new) and now that the P-car market is even further out of whack, I ended up checking back with the 4BW to see if one could be had. I live in the snowy mountains of NY, so having to wait a bit didn't bother me at all. I started watching reviews of the 4BW and I noticed the drivers' reactions were similar to ///M cars of yore. Always pay attention to the driver's reaction and body language during a review, to me, they speak louder than their words.

I found a dealership relatively local that has a 4BW "In Transit". I made contact with the dealer and found out this order was abandoned due to the wait time and was open to be claimed at MSRP with a $500 refundable deposit. It was the spec I was looking for, except it has the Black interior instead of Tan, which I would have preferred. I had it added to the order tracker (Thanks, Rob!) and lo and behold, I'm at status 3800 but delayed. After reading the forum for a bit, I feel very lucky to be at status 3800. This is hopefully a good sign, seeing as this car is specced with both CF1 and CF2. It was produced in November apparently, so hopefully it has the CF bits already.

Spec:

4BW, Blaze Orange, Black upgraded interior, Sunroof, CF1/2, Suede package, PDR

and most importantly: a manual transmission. Can't wait for no-lift to shift madness!!!

Thanks for tuning in, I'll return to the goat pen now.

Hello folks, glad to be here, albiet unexpectedly.

A not-so-brief vehicle history:

My first car was a North NJ Italian Spec 1987 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z in Blue.

After that, I needed to feel boost, so I bought a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD in manual, this started my love for banging gears. Trying to own a DSM as a college student is a fool's errand, so we all know how that ended up.

After college, I moved on to a 2005 Pontiac GTO in Midnight Blue with a 6 speed manual:

View attachment 7194

Unfortunately, Superstorm Sandy dropped a tree on the roof :cry: and finished that beauty off.

Next was a 2011 Infiniti G37 Sedan with a 6mt (very rare). That car did everything pretty well, but was rather uninspiring.

I always had the itch for an E46 M3, it came out when I was a junior in high school and always had a soft spot for them. I finally was able to realize ownership of this great in January of 2014, where I bought a 1-owner 2006 BMW M3 in Interlagos Blue with the Competition package, again with a 6-speeed manual:

View attachment 7195

I liked this car so much that I drove it from 60k to 234k miles, where it sits now in my garage. Every time I hop back into this car, I instantly get that fizzy feeling that I've been chasing ever since. It's no wonder the values of these have absolutely skyrocketed.

As the miles gained rapidly on the M3, I started a new job at a company that offers EV charging. Since I'm not only a car guy but a huge IT nerd, I decided it was time to try out a Tesla, so I purchased a new 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance:

View attachment 7196

Hard to think there's a better commuter car out there, and this one just happens to do 0-60 in 3 seconds. I've already put 60,000 miles on her in just over 2 years, and it hasn't really skipped a beat. Also, no maintenance was a revelation coming from an M3 where I rebuilt the variable valve/timing system and replaced the engine rod bearings... preventatively as maintenance items.

During COVID, I started getting less and less enamored with the EV car trying to play both roles of commuter and set-your-hair-on-fire mountain carver, so I went shopping. This was right before the chip shortage went into full swing and there were deals to be had on cars on lots. I found something that ticked almost every checkbox for my car needs, except having a manual transmission. I've driven a Jag F-Type with the ZF8 transmission, so I knew that it was actually pretty good. I ended up buying a 2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium off the lot, right before car values exploded:

View attachment 7197

I love this thing, I really do. It's insanely quick for "335 hp" (B58 is really a fantastic motor), handles like a dream, and I've recorded 32.56mpg on a full highway run during a road trip. The duality pleases the Gemini within me! It appears that the trade-in value is more than I paid new, and I put 17,000 very fun miles over 1.5 years, so I think its time to end this EuroAsian fling. It's also a tad too small for the road trips I like to embark on.

This brings me here! I loved the ATS-V, but couldn't reconcile the Pontiac Vibe gauge cluster for a car of that price point. Honestly, at that time, I would have just bought a F8x M3/M4 for similar money.

I started getting interested in the 4BW, but before I really did any due dilligence, by all accounts were that they were sold out or very hard to get already. I ended up getting the car shopping itch (what else is new) and now that the P-car market is even further out of whack, I ended up checking back with the 4BW to see if one could be had. I live in the snowy mountains of NY, so having to wait a bit didn't bother me at all. I started watching reviews of the 4BW and I noticed the drivers' reactions were similar to ///M cars of yore. Always pay attention to the driver's reaction and body language during a review, to me, they speak louder than their words.

I found a dealership relatively local that has a 4BW "In Transit". I made contact with the dealer and found out this order was abandoned due to the wait time and was open to be claimed at MSRP with a $500 refundable deposit. It was the spec I was looking for, except it has the Black interior instead of Tan, which I would have preferred. I had it added to the order tracker (Thanks, Rob!) and lo and behold, I'm at status 3800 but delayed. After reading the forum for a bit, I feel very lucky to be at status 3800. This is hopefully a good sign, seeing as this car is specced with both CF1 and CF2. It was produced in November apparently, so hopefully it has the CF bits already.

Spec:

4BW, Blaze Orange, Black upgraded interior, Sunroof, CF1/2, Suede package, PDR

and most importantly: a manual transmission. Can't wait for no-lift to shift madness!!!

Thanks for tuning in, I'll return to the goat pen now.
Enjoyed the story of your journey! Congrats on scoring the 4BW, hope you get it soon! BTW - the E64 M3 was always on my list - kept thinking 'one of these days I should get one.' Well...we know how that story ended. You've got yourself a keeper there, along with the BW!

And here I am, still waiting patiently for my CT5 bw, that has been on order since February 18 last year, and has not moved one iota up the production line.........
Yes, I do feel awful about all of the posts I read of orders made a year ago but still at status 1100. Hard to believe!

And here I am, still waiting patiently for my CT5 bw, that has been on order since February 18 last year, and has not moved one iota up the production line.........
wow - that has to be some sort of unfortunate record. Did the dealer have any comment?

^^^Thats furked up. CF wasn't a total issue until late '21. There were many months it could have been built. I wonder if location has something to do with it.

I ordered it CF1 and CF2 and therein lies the problem....apparently
I too have CF1 and 2 - but I only ordered last October so I may have a long wait ahead :-(

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back