Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V 4BW grill protection?

Cadillac CT4-V model

M2Cto4BW

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4V Blackwing
The front grills look pretty good for protecting all the various intercoolers and the like; however, I wanted to ask if any of the high-milers or track guys have added any extra protection/if it's necessary?

With the M2C it absolutely was, as the grill openings were huge, so both 3rd parties and DIY solutions were used. 4BW looks pretty good though.

It would be nice if something was offered for the blackwings. I know a few companies offer them for the C8 Corvette such as Paragon performance, but they've pricy at $300.

^Interesting, ya just like theirs.
The low volume/interest of the BWs definitely goes against them in all these aftermarket options.

There are much cheaper options going down to cutting your own from "gutter guard" from Home Depot and securing it with black zip ties at the corners. Lots of the C8 guys were doing that. A step up would be ordering grill mesh sheets from one of the grill protection companies and cutting your own for the bw. With the C8 install was pretty easy from the bottom. Not sure about our caddy's. I will note that while using black zip ties might seem tacky they work. Unless you know what you're looking for you don't see them. Here's one company that sells sheets.

Definitely worth a look. I had a stone put a hole in engine oil cooler on my Audi, left me stranded and had to have it towed. Not to mention loss of efficiency and cosmetics of flattened cooling fins.
I'm probably overthinking this but, read about aero concerns to the point that BW grille has small airfoils to increase and optimize airflow. I'm sure any of these screens would be the equivalent of adding a brick wall in front of radiator and coolers.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back