Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2nd Annual - California 500 Miglia Oct 18-19

m3dragon

Seasoned Member
California 500 Miglia - October 18th-19th

Disclaimer:
---------------------------------------------
This a pay your own way event. This means even me the organizer pays my own way to attend. Organizing drives is my hobby and I enjoy putting the events on. I also pay for the website and store system out of my own pocket to make sharing information and registering easier on everyone.
---------------------------------------------

See the 2013 event recap and images here

coast-rally-Numbers.png

The California Coast 500 Miglia (500 Mile) is a fun overnight road trip event. The adventure starts in Portola Valley and heads down through Big Sur to an overnight stop in San Louis Obispo. From San Luis Obispo, the trip heads through the heart of California with a lunch stop in Hollister. From the winery, we will head to Livermore where the drive concludes at the First Street Ale House where we will provide awards to the winners of our road trip games.

Unlike typical rallies and road course events, we encourage people to stay in a group and stop at the planned destinations. However, the stops and activities are suggestions, not mandates. Our format is for those individuals, couples or families, who want to have an adventure as well as make new friends with fellow enthusiasts. We mix the day up between driving sections, photo stops and sightseeing opportunities for everyone. This is not a race, so if you looking for a competitive event this is not for you.

Register for the drive here

The 2014 - 500 Miglia Itinerary – October 18 – 19 2014

Day 1: Meeting Location

Date: October 18th 2014
Address: 3130 Alpine Rd #284 Portola Valley, CA 94028
Time: 8:00am
Depart: 8:30am drive start on the dot!
Activity: Registration and assist with decal application

There will be several stops on the way down to San Luis Obispo, including a group tour towards the end of the day at Hearst Castle, and a stop in Cambria to see the Garbage House if time allows. The day will conclude with dinner at a great steak house where if you go home hungry it is your own fault.

Lunch stop will be at the Sand Dollar Picnic Area, which is letter G on your turn-by-turn sheet.

Planned group tour at Hearst Castle:
Address: 700 Hearst Castle Road, San Simeon, CA 93452
Time: 2:30pm arrive
Tour: 3:00pm

After taking the tour of Hearst Castle, we will make the short drive to the garbage house.

Address: 881 Hillcrest Drive, Cambria, CA 93428

After the quick photo stop, we will head down to the hotel to relax and freshen up before meeting for dinner.

Group hotel: Ramada Inn
Address: 1000 Olive Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

Dinner location for the group: F. McLintocks Saloon
Address: 133 Bridge Street, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Time: 7:00pm till you are tired

Day 2: Agenda (drivers day)

This day will be more focused on driving than sightseeing. There will be a few stops on the way for pictures, but the focus is on covering miles along some fun back roads.

Date: October 12th
Breakfast option sit down: Bon Temps Creole Café
Breakfast options included with hotel: Hotel Continental Breakfast
Depart Time: 9:00am On the DOT!

The drive will wind through 137 miles of back roads to end in Hollister for lunch. The stops will be short and we will be sure to get some group photos.

Lunch Stop:
Address: Running Rooster - 800 San Benito Street. Hollister, CA 95023
time: 1:00pm – 2:00pm

The final leg of the drive will be a group cruise until we get closer to the East Bay, where the end our drive at the First Street Ale House in Livermore. There we will pass out awards for the winners of the road trip games and say goodbye after a weekend of fun.

End Destination: First Street Ale House
Address: 2106 First Street, Livermore, CA 94550
Time: 5:00pm – When you leave
Activity: Dinner and awards

Register for the drive here

Reminder the event is 2 weeks away if you want to join in the fun.

Deadline to register is 10/15 to secure a room at the group rate.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back