Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 4BW max psi?

hyteck9

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Hi, I just got 4bw, and it's great. I noticed I never peak over 13psi boost tho, based on the built-in gauge tile. Several other sites, like wiki, state it tops up to 18psi. Have I found misinformation, or is my car holding back on me?

13 is about what you will get stock. Once you tune, you can go as far as your risk tolerance allows you.

Mine hovers around the same 12-14psi range under full load. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Only a few times have I glanced down and seen 15psi or greater, but I was in track mode when observing those higher readings for a split second. The car also burbles and snaps way harder in track/sport modes than when in my mode or v mode with the exhaust setting all the way to track. Something tells me that the boost output may be related to the selected drive mode just like this was. Damn computer on wheels...

Either way, run a few 0-60s and see how you are stacking up against other owners. My summer tires yield a 3.9-4.2 second 0-60 for me with proper heat in the tires on a clean surface. All season rubber launches much harder but doesn't last quite as long if you are pushing the car- 0-60 of 3.7-4.0 on pilot sport 4 AS on custom launch settings with the target RPM slightly lowered to account for the softness of the compound. Let us know how it goes, a 0-60 should highlight any potential lack of power very very quickly. Also, don't flip out if your first times aren't as low initially, it took me a while to get this thing to hook every time. A lot of practice, and tires, went into testing LC out on my car LOLOL.

I typically see a max of 12 psi on the boost gauge, maybe a blip to 13 psi during a 3rd gear pull. I don’t notice any difference in the exhaust note in Track, VMode, or MyMode when the exhaust valves are set to track settings.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back