Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

HRE wheels - lowering options?

mikeguilf51

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2012 ctsv and a 2022 ct5 v blackwing
Hello everyone!

So I’ve been tossing around the idea of wheels and tires and lowering it a tad. Specifically HRE S104sc and LG drop spindles. I had them on my c7z and they were incredible. Now…..

Couple questions :

Anyone have a vendor reference to purchase from? (closer to Dayton, Ohio the better)

Does anyone have aftermarket wheels on their ct5v? Clearance issues with carbon ceramics? What sizes?

By chance has anyone checked or have more knowledge on the drop spindles? In c7z world they were pretty common, as I wasn’t a “lowering bolts” kind of guy. I’m wondering if it’s basically the same and would work on a blackwing. LG has no data on the blackwing, and I’m not knowledgeable in the slightest.

I just want it a little lower!

Pics of my car, and the wheel style I want! I’m still debating on finishes

Thank you for any input!

Attachments

• B807D522-373B-4EB6-8343-B21B9C12E649.jpeg
    B807D522-373B-4EB6-8343-B21B9C12E649.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 747
  • 8AEE240E-5385-4FB2-B9CE-F1008210CAFC.jpeg
    8AEE240E-5385-4FB2-B9CE-F1008210CAFC.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 1,322
So, you’ve brought up the animal that everyone is trying to figure out….
So let’s start with the “drop spindles” the CT5-V suspension is nothing like a corvette and hence forth you will be looking for lowering springs once a company comes up with a good spring rate for our cars. Still way too soon yet. Should be coming on to the market in a few months I would imagine.
Second, wheels…I’ll attach photos below. HRE literally just scanned my wheel wells yesterday and we are currently working towards a good safe wheel size and offset so they can add to their database and begin cutting wheels for our cars.
As for a distributor, I have a distributer but we are in San Diego, CA. So I don’t know how much that would help you though we could likely take the order and then drop ship them from HRE directly. The biggest problem you’ll face is that HRE has a current lead time of about 16 weeks. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. Good luck bud…our cars are going to end up looking very similar.
B0F751D9-FF27-44AB-BBCB-29F80A59476A.jpeg
C12A1E1A-72C4-43FE-9A2F-7C44DCAC8430.jpeg
FF3C827D-D188-4D7B-BB89-72AE126CF9A2.jpeg
6B4B7537-5960-403E-A487-545814184685.jpeg

So let’s start with the “drop spindles” the CT5-V suspension is nothing like a corvette and hence forth you will be looking for lowering springs once a company comes up with a good spring rate for our cars. Still way too soon yet. Should be coming on to the market in a few months I would imagine.
Second, wheels…I’ll attach photos below. HRE literally just scanned my wheel wells yesterday and we are currently working towards a good safe wheel size and offset so they can add to their database and begin cutting wheels for our cars.
As for a distributor, I have a distributer but we are in San Diego, CA. So I don’t know how much that would help you though we could likely take the order and then drop ship them from HRE directly. The biggest problem you’ll face is that HRE has a current lead time of about 16 weeks. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. Good luck bud…our cars are going to end up looking very similar. View attachment 7252View attachment 7253View attachment 7254View attachment 7255
Wow! Great minds think alike.

I’m going to keep this thread open for reference on our “builds”. Hopefully see more of everyone’s style also.

I’ll make sure to keep your contact. I’d love to hear the results of there findings before. The closest rep to me is 2 hours away and middle of Ohio winter I don’t really want to make that trip.

Thank you for your knowledge!

As for a distributor, I have a distributer but we are in San Diego, CA. So I don’t know how much that would help you though we could likely take the order and then drop ship them from HRE directly. The biggest problem you’ll face is that HRE has a current lead time of about 16 weeks. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. Good luck bud…our cars are going to end up looking very similar. View attachment 7252View attachment 7253View attachment 7254View attachment 7255
Only thing I'm curious about is the regular brembos the same calipers as the ceramic brakes? Curious if the ceramic brakes are thicker and potentially harder to clear wheel face wise than the regular brakes.

This is the first 5BW I have seen with custom wheels

yup, I talked to him on IG for about 4hrs one day..He owns 909 motoring those wheels are 20x11 front and 20x12.5 rears. He won't give up the offsets though. just judging from that though, there is plenty of room under the wheel wells for bigger wheels than stock. he did mention that at those widths he is limited as to what tires he can run on it.

the price of forged wheels has gone way up over the last year because the forgings come from out of the country. but $6400 for a set of fully forged wheels is a bargain.

Well we will agree to disagree….. check out aerolarri wheels probably half the price and good quality…. Trying to get specs to order a set from chet $1,600 a wheel aaaah no way

Right. Those HRE’s I plan on getting are $3600/ rim starting price, no tire no “trim”…..

Thats extortion sorry just sayin Gold

Well we will agree to disagree….. check out aerolarri wheels probably half the price and good quality…. Trying to get specs to order a set from chet $1,600 a wheel aaaah no way
I personally wouldn't compare HRE wheels to wheels "designed" by some random dude that has them built in China to the lowest bidder.

I personally wouldn't compare HRE wheels to wheels "designed" by some random dude that has them built in China to the lowest bidder.
Everyone has an opinion….. aerolarri is growing in leaps and bounds…. Huge c8 sales…. There are just a handful of forged wheel manufacturers in the US Most are from taiwan or china The aerolarri has an option for lifetime warranty. $3600 a wheel Whaaaaat?

Everyone has an opinion….. aerolarri is growing in leaps and bounds…. Huge c8 sales…. There are just a handful of forged wheel manufacturers in the US Most are from taiwan or china The aerolarri has an option for lifetime warranty. $3600 a wheel Whaaaaat?

Look at the dudes website......I'm good

Look at the dudes website......I'm good
Sorry your so offended by the website and im sure your in line for a set of hre wheels lmao Hre makes some quality wheels, just not at that price Ill send u pics when i get my wheels

Last edited:
HRE has a 4 month lead time.....guess a lot of people are fine with their prices.
on a side note....I'm not waiting that long for HRE's got something else up my sleeve.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back