Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Where can I get black side markers?

Oh sweet! I actually see another set from iJDMTOY for 34… I might jump on that and see if it’s a good fit. That’s the brand that made the ones I used on my Miata
I have the iJDMTOY markers for about 5 months now and so far so good. Fit is excellent. They all come from China and likely from the same factory.

I totally loved mine for the ~14 hours I had them installed until I learned that @Seth paid $8 less than me and now I feel like I got ripped off.

;)

/sarcasm

Just installed mine for the 5BW. I had the blackout film on the sidemarker lights before so it still looks the same when the light is off. But clearly, it looks different & better (IMHO) when the light is on.

Attachments

• 20240519_124430.jpg
    20240519_124430.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240519_115718.jpg
    20240519_115718.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240519_115857.jpg
    20240519_115857.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
Mine come in tomorrow for the 4. Any install advice? @DustinEarnhardt and @ anyone else who has installed them

Still can't decide between Amber and White. Does the white have the same color temp as the front DRL and/or headlights? I did black markers with white on my Mustang and it was more dirty white looking than the color of the DRLs.

My car is orange blaze at that, so the white would break that up a bit I think, too.

Still can't decide between Amber and White. Does the white have the same color temp as the front DRL and/or headlights? I did black markers with white on my Mustang and it was more dirty white looking than the color of the DRLs.
As you can see in the photos I posted, the color temp is near exact.

Mine come in tomorrow for the 4. Any install advice? @DustinEarnhardt and @ anyone else who has installed them
  • Turn the wheel all the way in to give yourself room to work on the inside of the fender well. (ie, If working on the px side, turn the whelel all the way to the LEFT.)
  • (at least on the 5BW), starting from the bottom of the fender liner, remove 4 of the screws holding the fender liner in. The screws take a T15 torx.
  • peel away the fender liner from the edge of the fender with a plastic gapping tool. A screwdriver will also work but gotta be careful with the paint on the edge of the fender.
  • Now this is the tricky part: The light is held in at the top by a clip & the bottom is held in by a little tab that sticks down further than the edge of the light. (Red circles.) Gotta squeeze the clip together as you push the top of the light OUT (not IN)
  • The wires for the light are very, very short so do not attempt to pull the light out any further than the wires will allow.
  • Once out, disconnect the harness by inserting a small screwdriver into the retainer to release the safety part & then just below that to lift up over the retainer tab. (Blue circle)
  • Install by reverse procedure but turn the car on to make sure you've got the harness seated correctly & the light working before pushing the light back into place in the fender.
Hope this helps!

(The light in the photos are the ones I removed but the ones installed are exactly alike in construction but black in color.)

Attachments

• 20240520_082819~2.jpg
    20240520_082819~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 20240520_082428~2.jpg
    20240520_082428~2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
  • Turn the wheel all the way in to give yourself room to work on the inside of the fender well. (ie, If working on the px side, turn the whelel all the way to the LEFT.)
  • (at least on the 5BW), starting from the bottom of the fender liner, remove 4 of the screws holding the fender liner in. The screws take a T15 torx.
  • peel away the fender liner from the edge of the fender with a plastic gapping tool. A screwdriver will also work but gotta be careful with the paint on the edge of the fender.
  • Now this is the tricky part: The light is held in at the top by a clip & the bottom is held in by a little tab that sticks down further than the edge of the light. (Red circles.) Gotta squeeze the clip together as you push the top of the light OUT (not IN)
  • The wires for the light are very, very short so do not attempt to pull the light out any further than the wires will allow.
  • Once out, disconnect the harness by inserting a small screwdriver into the retainer to release the safety part & then just below that to lift up over the retainer tab. (Blue circle)
  • Install by reverse procedure but turn the car on to make sure you've got the harness seated correctly & the light working before pushing the light back into place in the fender.
Hope this helps!

(The light in the photos are the ones I removed but the ones installed are exactly alike in construction but black in color.)

Thanks! It's a little different for the 4. I found another thread on here with instructions. We got excessive bolts and screws in the 4 where clips would have been just fine, making it a bit of a pain in the ass!!! Lmao.

Only did the passenger side today. I'll do the driver's side tomorrow. Maybe.

436723684_482046741054227_6081582511553532038_n.jpg

The second side took like 1/4 the time and 1/100 the headache. I probably should have acquired the correct tools before doing the FIRST side. Oh well…

IMG_2631.jpeg

Thanks! It's a little different for the 4. I found another thread on here with instructions. We got excessive bolts and screws in the 4 where clips would have been just fine, making it a bit of a pain in the ass!!! Lmao.

Only did the passenger side today. I'll do the driver's side tomorrow. Maybe.

View attachment 26110

Link to thred?

Link to thred?

Read the follow up post from Dustin too. You’ll ideally want a T15 torx with the little finger driver, and a 7mm wrench.

Read the follow up post from Dustin too. You’ll ideally want a T15 torx with the little finger driver, and a 7mm wrench.

Time to install them this weekend!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners