Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What is this "semi-aniline" stuff?

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
As I continue my search for the ultimate CT5V-BW/6 for a reasonable price, I see that some dealers have ordered their cars with the semi-aniline seat upgrade. It's not cheap ($8000) and it makes me wonder what all that package contains, besides a nice leather. Is the dash covered in this fine leather, door panels, console, etc.?

The Cadillac website doesn't tell me much (or I don't know where to look). Can anyone here educate me, and for those that have the package on their car and have seen these cars without it, is it worth it?

Thanks!
Michael

You can look up "Semi-aniline leather" online to get a better description of it. The reason the cost is so high is that it includes the carbon fiber seat backs. Those are worth substantially more than the leather itself. And they're probably also on constraint until GM's carbon fiber supply problems are lifted.

If you want this option for the softer leather, I'd recommend finding the "CF back delete" option as well, which will replace the CF seat backs with a suede back and reduce the cost by a chunk.

You can look up "Semi-aniline leather" online to get a better description of it. The reason the cost is so high is that it includes the carbon fiber seat backs. Those are worth substantially more than the leather itself. And they're probably also on constraint until GM's carbon fiber supply problems are lifted.

If you want this option for the softer leather, I'd recommend finding the "CF back delete" option as well, which will replace the CF seat backs with a suede back and reduce the cost by a chunk.

Ah yes, I noticed on several cars that the CF back delete was in there as well, I think around $4500 credit.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it is not like BMW with the extra areas like the lower dash. Just the seats and gorgeous carbon seat backs, unless you do the delete option. They are supremely comfortable, and at least in my opinion much more than the mid grade option in the 5 (which I also owned before the top tier).

Upgraded leather and the seat backs are carbon fiber versus Alcantara on the mid-tier seats

As I continue my search for the ultimate CT5V-BW/6 for a reasonable price, I see that some dealers have ordered their cars with the semi-aniline seat upgrade. It's not cheap ($8000) and it makes me wonder what all that package contains, besides a nice leather. Is the dash covered in this fine leather, door panels, console, etc.?

The Cadillac website doesn't tell me much (or I don't know where to look). Can anyone here educate me, and for those that have the package on their car and have seen these cars without it, is it worth it?

Thanks!
Michael
IMG_3426.JPG

30FA9B21-650B-4082-8E27-31046D934F1E.JPG

It was worth it to me......

Sure folks, "only way to fly" and "worth it to you" assuming you can get them. :)

I managed to get them.....

They weren't on constraint when you ordered your car. They are, now. No one gets them now unless they order the hyper-expensive Anniversary package (which isn't available any longer). Until they come off constraint, it doesn't matter how special you think you are, you're not getting them. ;-)

Regardless, CF backs are bling bling. They serve no useful purpose whatsoever. The leather on the seating surface is the benefit here, and it's good that GM recognized that with the CF delete option.

They weren't on constraint when you ordered your car. They are, now. No one gets them now unless they order the hyper-expensive Anniversary package (which isn't available any longer). Until they come off constraint, it doesn't matter how special you think you are, you're not getting them. ;-)

Regardless, CF backs are bling bling. They serve no useful purpose whatsoever. The leather on the seating surface is the benefit here, and it's good that GM recognized that with the CF delete option.
Well, first, I like bling so I love the CF seat backs and the feel of the leather.. Second, I don't know about how "special" I am but I did get an allocation from Cadillac that the dealer didn't have at that time, and I also was able to get CF 1&2.... (edit 4 BW) I was told once that its not what you know its who you know....... Maybe I'm lucky, my sons BRZ was start to finish in 2 months, from allocation, build, ship, and delivered...

Be Yourself One In A Million GIF by CBS

My CT5 BW 2024 order received an allocation in July with CF1, CF2, and the CF semi-aniline seats so perhaps there are no longer any constraints.

Sounds like the constraints are loosening up. Good news!

The CF backed seats are very nice and happy to have them. The CF doesn’t serve any purpose other than make me smile, but neither does most of the interior trim.

Sounds like the constraints are loosening up. Good news!
Still doesn't mean much? Dealer is only going to get so many allocations. My sales friend has 20+ waiting for CF1 &CF2 and have been for 2+yrs.... Large volume dealer getting 1 5BW every few months..lol

My sales friend has 20+ waiting for CF1 &CF2 and have been for 2+yrs.
This is crazy to me. At some point you'd think if given the option to have the car without CF or never have the car you'd choose to get the car without CF. Plus, you can eventually just buy the carbon pieces individually; maybe not immediately, but eventually.

Last edited:
^^^Those folks don't really want a BW, they just like the idea of having one "on order". My understanding from a "CF or bust" friend of mine, is they want the build sheet to show that it was a factory CF car. I guess it's a future value argument...F that, life is uncertain, don't sip.

^^^Those folks don't really want a BW, they just like the idea of having one "on order". My understanding from a "CF or bust" friend of mine, is they want the build sheet to show that it was a factory CF car. I guess it's a future value argument...F that, life is uncertain, don't sip.
Oh actually I think they are right. I remember one of the engineers saying the CF1 package doesn't actually create downforce unless it's listed on the build sheet/window sticker.

Oh actually I think they are right. I remember one of the engineers saying the CF1 package doesn't actually create downforce unless it's listed on the build sheet/window sticker.
We need to spread this info, maybe then when I buy it from the parts department it will be at a discount because nobody wants it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back