Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Getting ready to do this myself. For those who've done so, would you recommend just breaking the tabs off and accepting the fact that the stock badge can't be re-used, or going through the lengthy bumper removal process?

It was really rather simple. I didn't remove the bumper, that just seemed ridiculous. I used the new emblem as a guide and just used my fingers to reach through the grill and around to the tabs. Do not press the tabs hard, just gently and give it a push. Once you get a corner to push out a little bit, insert a plastic pry tool in the gap to keep it from reseating. Then work your way around. Very gentle on the tabs and use of the pry tool and your original emblem will remain gtg.

The rear one was more of a pain, required removal of the truck cover, heat gun, squeezing tabs and pushing outwards. Then clean up of the old 3M.

I turned the insurance back on and took my bw out on Monday after work. Only after I got home did I realize how much that trip made me look like an old man.

I uncovered my prized Cadillac and took it for the first drive of the year. Where did I go? CVS to pick up a prescription. Sigh.....
Taking a script doesn't necessarily make you old. Now if after you got home you realized that your directional had been on since pulling out of CVS, well, that's a different story! 🙄

Did the 500 miles oil change this weekend....holy crap that filter was on there. I threw everything I had at it, only solution that worked was a run up to harbor freight for these holt pliers... I won the battle eventually....

Attachments

• 20240414_103544.jpg
    20240414_103544.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240414_101852.jpg
    20240414_101852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Did the 500 miles oil change this weekend....holy crap that filter was on there. I threw everything I had at it, only solution that worked was a run up to harbor freight for these holt pliers... I won the battle eventually....
Why did you do the 500 miler? Wasn't your first one covered by Cadillac? First oil change/service was covered with both by 4 and 5 when purchased new

Just a personal preference on the 500 mile service. Just a peace of mind thing for me. I'll utilize the first free one at 5000 miles, as you are correct it is covered. :)

Put on the summers. Put on the new wheel caps. Matching V badges are next when I'm not lazy and wash the car.
PXL_20240414_135746718.jpg
PXL_20240414_170811775.jpg
PXL_20240414_170625276.jpg

Got my first oil change and service done today at 862 miles. They let me look underneath the car and talk to the tech. He was very accommodating, as he answered any and all questions I had. Found my new go to dealer.

20240416_124210.jpg

Taking a script doesn't necessarily make you old. Now if after you got home you realized that your directional had been on since pulling out of CVS, well, that's a different story! 🙄
I understand the car alerts you if the blinker is left on bc I accidentally a friend of mine did that.

Is this photoshop or did you actually change your wrap? I would love to see our cars in like a British racing/emerald green

Replaced my cracked splitter with one I picked up from Tapout. As a mechanically-averse loser who can only handle the most basic of car maintenance, I decided against dropping $450 on Race Ramps and made my own from some leftover 2x10. My ramp design can definitely be improved, but it gave me the lift to get the job done 😆
1000017205.jpg
1000017212.jpg

I was supposed to go to a local car show this morning and then last night lost interest. Its cloudy and 50 degrees out. I will start my car show season when its above 60 degrees .
***My brother texted me that his brand new 2024 Mercedes Benz S-580 had to be towed this morning to the dealer AGAIN for the 6th time since December. The car would not start. He said that the dealer is advising him that they will buy the car back if this issue is not resolved.

I was supposed to go to a local car show this morning and then last night lost interest. Its cloudy and 50 degrees out. I will start my car show season when its above 60 degrees .
***My brother texted me that his brand new 2024 Mercedes Benz S-580 had to be towed this morning to the dealer AGAIN for the 6th time since December. The car would not start. He said that the dealer is advising him that they will buy the car back if this issue is not resolved.
Yet, the issue will be resolved eventually and he'll take back the vehicle only to have another gremlin shortly after.....Foam,Shave, Rinse...repeat!

The only thing I will say about my brief 3 year ownership of an AMG is the Mercedes dealer service was top notch and a far cry from Cadillac. I was never concerned leaving the car with them. With my local Cadillac dealer I do everything I can to avoid them, doing all the work I can myself.

With a lot of products they say buy the dealer not the product. With Cadillac it’s an exact opposite, I bought the car full well knowing service would be a nightmare with GM. My only hope is to find a good independent mechanic when I need one.

Last edited:
Took delivery on Tuesday. Finally detailed the interior. Used ColourLock mild cleaner, ColourLock leather shield, ColourLock protector, Sonax Alcantara Cleaner (there's a lot), shampoo floor mats and added AngelWax Eden scent to the interior (smells sweeter, but I like it).

Also got a cool Obsessed Garage key tag from Rasceng. Red keyfod with the blue tag, matches perfectly.

And a Save The Manual sticker for an extra 5 HP.

Added felt to the seat belt clip.
1000017968.jpg

1000017969.jpg
1000017966.jpg
1000017967.jpg

The only thing I will say about my brief 3 year ownership of an AMG is the Mercedes dealer service was top notch and a far cry from Cadillac. I was never concerned leaving the car with them. With my local Cadillac dealer I do everything I can to avoid them, doing all the work I can myself.

With a lot of products they say buy the dealer not the product. With Cadillac it’s an exact opposite, I bought the car full well knowing service would be a nightmare with GM. My only hope is to find a good independent mechanic when I need one.
He is getting pretty fed up with with the electrical issues he has had. He wasn't even the one to bring up a "buy-back". When he called Mercedes to start a claim, they mentioned the buy-back. He asked them about the $5000 he put into the paint correction, PPF and tinted windows. They said that they would reimburse him for that also. I told him to save all the text messages and all the prior services that had to be done. They may change their tune once they have to reimburse him about $160,000 !

Took delivery on Tuesday. Finally detailed the interior. Used ColourLock mild cleaner, ColourLock leather shield, ColourLock protector, Sonax Alcantara Cleaner (there's a lot), shampoo floor mats and added AngelWax Eden scent to the interior (smells sweeter, but I like it).

Also got a cool Obsessed Garage key tag from Rasceng. Red keyfod with the blue tag, matches perfectly.

And a Save The Manual sticker for an extra 5 HP.

Added felt to the seat belt clip.View attachment 25448
View attachment 25444View attachment 25446View attachment 25447
Same interior on mine which I will be picking up sometime this week from the PFF/Ceramic shop that the dealership delivered it directly to. Is it just me, or are you front seats leaned back a bunch? Are you happy with the fit, finish, and appearance of the leather/color?

Got any more photos from other angles showing the whole car?
Not many that really highlight the center caps. I've since added these valve stem caps as well and they really make it pop.
IMG_5200.jpeg
IMG_5229.jpeg

Same interior on mine which I will be picking up sometime this week from the PFF/Ceramic shop that the dealership delivered it directly to. Is it just me, or are you front seats leaned back a bunch? Are you happy with the fit, finish, and appearance of the leather/color?
This is my first luxury brand. I am very happy with fit and finish. I operate a weekend detail shop so I see how poorly other brands are. For 70k of track worthiness, this car is amazing bang for buck.

The seats may have been back for cleaning purposes.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back