Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I think a spacer was used in the front and hub rings front and back.

Fabricated a quick release fire extinguisher mount for my first track day coming up in a couple weeks.

IMG_1296.jpeg

Had my Apex Bronze wheels put on a few days ago. Today they are coming off and I'm putting the stock with the snows back on....heading to Vermont next week and they just got 15" of snow where we're going....also getting both sets of wheels ceramic coated today...
This guy buys cars to drive! Nuff, said!

I went and picked up my 5BW out of storage today. It's a crappy rainy day. I get in the car after almost 5 months and I feel like I'm just picking up the car from the dealer for the first time. I had to sit there for 10 minutes figuring out how to pair my ipod music. The first thing that pops up is the screen asking for a password to update or whatever it needs to do. I tried every password that I use or know of and nothing works. How do I reset the password? I don't even know what the password is for. Do I need to go to the dealer ?

No clue...I'd be in the same boat...

I went and picked up my 5BW out of storage today. It's a crappy rainy day. I get in the car after almost 5 months and I feel like I'm just picking up the car from the dealer for the first time. I had to sit there for 10 minutes figuring out how to pair my ipod music. The first thing that pops up is the screen asking for a password to update or whatever it needs to do. I tried every password that I use or know of and nothing works. How do I reset the password? I don't even know what the password is for. Do I need to go to the dealer ?
The password would be for your profile you maybe created when you got the car. My profile is linked to mycadillac app account on my phone.

I tried ALL the passwords that you guys mentioned. None of them work. I even used the password that the salesman put in when he was showing me how to program the system and his didn't work either. Nothing comes up asking to reset the password either. I will take a ride by my local Caddy dealer and see what is up.

***** Tried it again and it worked. I believe that I was out of wi-fi connection area when I tried it yesterday. I thought I was losing my mind over this. I write all my passwords down.

Last edited:
Changed the oil… this was the most difficult time I ever had in the 19 years I have been changing my own oil. The only hard part was the oil filter from the factory was over torqued. I actually went to the store to buy filter pliers and I still had a hard time. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Attachments

• 0FD82326-9704-421A-8C9B-5C2FBA2B9E7D.jpeg
    0FD82326-9704-421A-8C9B-5C2FBA2B9E7D.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 7B401F11-6C6F-4124-BAB6-A71D61C270F4.jpeg
    7B401F11-6C6F-4124-BAB6-A71D61C270F4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 53D2257D-BEE7-4617-878E-D61D2F5251DB.jpeg
    53D2257D-BEE7-4617-878E-D61D2F5251DB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
There have been quite a few other posts about the first oil changes being a bytch. GM has hired a huge gorilla to install the oil filters , to make PETA happy.

Been the common theme not just for GM but for other cars I have own like Honda, Acura. Etc.

Rain in the forecast for the next 4 or 5 days. Couldn't stand the thought of it sitting in my garage dirty. Now me and my car are happy.

IMG_8792.jpg 20240330_171906.jpg 20240330_171957.jpg

It’s a good day, flipped back to summer tires!

Cleaned up the brakes, wheel wells, and suspension pieces that I could wash easily

Go drive it around the block and give the brakes a few stops to get the post wash muck/rust off the rotors. then wipe it again, and park it before it rains.
That's what this is for. Drive it, hit the brakes a few times, stop and blow them off before it has a chance to stick. Handy as all get out.

1d6b0f7a05774adc8e262d613eb72c24.png

Changed the oil… this was the most difficult time I ever had in the 19 years I have been changing my own oil. The only hard part was the oil filter from the factory was over torqued. I actually went to the store to buy filter pliers and I still had a hard time. Did anyone else have a similar experience?
That's the good stuff mate! Love it when it happens to somebody else other than me! lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back