Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Trans Fluid Leak

CT5-V Model

KurtJ

The auto trans cooler line has a leak. You can see a red drop on the silver line just next to the cat. Dealer says the fluid is coming from the line itself. That is the good news. The bad news is they say they must drop the front subframe to replace the line to the trans cooler. I know this needs to be fixed, but not really happy with taking a major part of the car apart ☹️. GM parts would not even overnight the part as it was "too large", so a week plus wait. I'm not driving it until the fix is made just in case the line splits open which would likely lead to a trans failure. So I have a brand new car that I can't drive 🤬.

Attachments

• IMG_0526(1).jpg
    IMG_0526(1).jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 100
The auto trans cooler line has a leak. You can see a red drop on the silver line just next to the cat. Dealer says the fluid is coming from the line itself. That is the good news. The bad news is they say they must drop the front subframe to replace the line to the trans cooler. I know this needs to be fixed, but not really happy with taking a major part of the car apart ☹️. GM parts would not even overnight the part as it was "too large", so a week plus wait. I'm not driving it until the fix is made just in case the line splits open which would likely lead to a trans failure. So I have a brand new car that I can't drive 🤬.
In before the “you should have gotten a manual” chorus.

Oh god, no one is going to start singing, smh
Absolutely bummer OP. No one wants to be having bits replaced this early on, but it'll work out :) How many miles does it have on it?

Since they're taking their time with the part delivery are they giving you something decent as a loaner until then?

Oh god, no one is going to start singing, smh
Absolutely bummer OP. No one wants to be having bits replaced this early on, but it'll work out :) How many miles does it have on it?

Since they're taking their time with the part delivery are they giving you something decent as a loaner until then?
About 450 miles, but it's been leaking for awhile. Initially, when I saw a spot on the garage floor, I wrote it off to water from the AC, but it never dried up. We have another vehicle to drive, so I didn't press the "loaner button". Plus I drove the car home, so it's safe in my garage.

About 450 miles, but it's been leaking for awhile. Initially, when I saw a spot on the garage floor, I wrote it off to water from the AC, but it never dried up. We have another vehicle to drive, so I didn't press the "loaner button". Plus I drove the car home, so it's safe in my garage.
Ah cool with the extra car! That is a fair point having it just sit in the yard at the dealer while they wait is not the same as them actively working on it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back