Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Should I go with pilot sport cup2 or PS4S for my 19 inch wheels? On my ct4-v Blackwing

Davidbdil

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
So I’m currently running apex VS5-RS wheels fronts are 19/9.5/et22 and the rears are 19/10.5/et45 the current tires I have on are Toyo proxes sports in 265/30/19 and 285/30/19. These Toyo proxes are not great and hold the car back a lot in performance. Now since I have a 19inch wheel and a wider diameter I can’t run the OEM TPC spec tires so that leaves me to either running the regular PS4S or I was thinking of Cup 2 Michelins. The OEM TPC spec tires uses similar rubber the the cup 2s so I think they might perform better at 10/10. What do you guys think I should do?

Attachments

• IMG_9591.jpeg
    IMG_9591.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9586.jpeg
    IMG_9586.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9587.jpeg
    IMG_9587.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 47
PS4s should be more than enough unless you are tracking the car (or running from the cops).

PS4S are about the best summer DD tire there is IMO. Great DD performance, decent longevity, better in the rain and when it gets cold than the Cup 2s. I’ve found Cup 2s annoying on the street as they are too sticky, always throwing rocks and leaving a mess in the garage when they cool off and drop a bunch of pebbles. The Cup 2s are definitely the better 10/10 track tires in the dry though.

I have had both on my Focus RS. It really depends on how you intend to use the setup. If you are primarily tracking the car and have another daily, I would say go for the Cup 2. If you plan to daily the car more than you track it, 100% go for the PS4S.

The Cup 2 are a bit dangerous when it’s wet. Check out the outer half of the tire, it is a slick. When I was in my RS and the pavement was pretty wet I would have to be very careful with how I drive in the wet. It’s not a tire I would purchase unless I was primarily using the car at the track with very little daily driving.

Have used both on several cars. I love the SC2s but my threshold for pain might be higher than most. However, I have PS4S on 3 cars right now and love them.

There is a 3rd option in those sizes per Tire Rack: The Bridgestone Potenza Sport. I had them on my now departed Civic Type R and LOVED THEM. The grip level isn't much different than the PS4S but they have stiffer sidewalls and feel sportier, almost like the racy 200TW tires. They are pretty good in the rain, too.

Having had both on my previous CTSV, if you plan on using the car more in the street, stay away from cup2. The sidewall I a LOT harder and it’ll be a really rough ride. And as others have said, it’s a DRY tire. You don’t want to use them in the rain.

I had Cup2 tires on my Shelby GT350. They were phenomenal tires for the track or very spirited country twisties.........horrible, if not down right dangerous on wet roads. They were wore out at 7000 miles. Replaced the with Michelin Super Sports because PS4S's weren't available in the stock size. Still, they were much, much better for street use.

So I’m currently running apex VS5-RS wheels fronts are 19/9.5/et22 and the rears are 19/10.5/et45 the current tires I have on are Toyo proxes sports in 265/30/19 and 285/30/19. These Toyo proxes are not great and hold the car back a lot in performance. Now since I have a 19inch wheel and a wider diameter I can’t run the OEM TPC spec tires so that leaves me to either running the regular PS4S or I was thinking of Cup 2 Michelins. The OEM TPC spec tires uses similar rubber the the cup 2s so I think they might perform better at 10/10. What do you guys think I should do?
How about the 19" TPC spec tires from the 5 BW?

If you're chasing performance and not looks, why not go back to the OEM tire & wheel sizes and offset?

Seems strange to create a self-imposed hardship (switching to non OEM size set up), complain about the outcome, then ignore the most obvious solution of going back to OEM wheels with TPC tires.

More than one of the videos I watched before buying my 4BW showed the engineers talking about all the work that went into designing the vehicles as a comprehensive system. To optimize the handling they put in man-years of work on the chassis, suspension, wheel and tire size for optimal fit, as well as working with the Michelin folks to make the best tire possible.

Choosing to throw out all that knowledge seems wasteful if you are interested in performance.

Cosmetics aside, it'll be hard for any one owner to "beat", or even meet, the Cadillac performance development teams' suspension, tire and wheel choice.

Last edited:
4S all the way. Absolutely not worth using Cup 2s if you will only street drive the vehicle.

Unless you like replacing your tires every 3000 miles.

I had cup2r tires on my GT350R. They were the main reason that I never really put any miles on it. They picked up every single stone and threw them at the car or into all of the panels underneath, and if it wasn't over 55° f then it was like driving on four hockey pucks. PS4s are definitely the way to go

Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02. Just as good performance as the PS4S. About 5-10% cheaper and a little quieter on the highway. They also run a bit narrower than the Michelins so you can get maximize tire width while minimizing chances of rubbing.

Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02. Just as good performance as the PS4S. About 5-10% cheaper and a little quieter on the highway. They also run a bit narrower than the Michelins so you can get maximize tire width while minimizing chances of rubbing.
Maybe for street driving. Absolutely not for Track or AutoX. The TPC PS4S is a Sport Cup 2 hybrid.

If you're chasing performance and not looks, why not go back to the OEM tire & wheel sizes and offset?

Seems strange to create a self-imposed hardship (switching to non OEM size set up), complain about the outcome, then ignore the most obvious solution of going back to OEM wheels with TPC tires.

More than one of the videos I watched before buying my 4BW showed the engineers talking about all the work that went into designing the vehicles as a comprehensive system. To optimize the handling they put in man-years of work on the chassis, suspension, wheel and tire size for optimal fit, as well as working with the Michelin folks to make the best tire possible.

Choosing to throw out all that knowledge seems wasteful if you are interested in performance.

Cosmetics aside, it'll be hard for any one owner to "beat", or even meet, the Cadillac performance development teams' suspension, tire and wheel choice.
Well I wanted to go with 19s for the look and and wider wheels to help the fitment but obviously it’s going to be a little worse when it comes to performance but either way it’s 90% because of the tires and the way it drives with them

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back