Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Non Locking Gas cover?

Jim2000

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-Blackwing
Am I missing something? My Blackwing CT4's gas cover won't lock. Is this normal or does it not come with a locking gas flap? Obviously when I lock the car, the gas flap can be opened by pressing on it.

Confirmed the CT4BW does NOT have a locking fuel door. I know the design philosophy was if it doesn't make the car better on track it doesn't go back on the car, but I think I would have voted for this one as an exception.

Confirmed the CT4BW does NOT have a locking fuel door. I know the design philosophy was if it doesn't make the car better on track it doesn't go back on the car, but I think I would have voted for this one as an exception.
I agree. I would like more security. This car is a target.

That's weird/cheap! On my 5BW (and I think all other cars in the fleet), the fuel door locks with the doors.

That's weird/cheap! On my 5BW (and I think all other cars in the fleet), the fuel door locks with the doors.
The engineers said on the 4BW they were going for the best track capable car, and basically blank sheeted it, everything had to earn it's way back onto the car, if it didn't improve lap times it had to be be justified as to how it contributed to the BW luxury track car experience. the extra weight for the locking fuel door, doesn't really to be honest.

Yes, they said that for both Blackwings so I'm not sure about it in this case. I can absolutely see the logic in keeping both cars as light as possible but for one to have the lock and other not to seems a bit inconsistent.

Yes, they said that for both Blackwings so I'm not sure about it in this case. I can absolutely see the logic in keeping both cars as light as possible but for one to have the lock and other not to seems a bit inconsistent.
The 5BWs don't have a locking gas door either. At least my '22 doesn't! What makes you think one of the BW models has it? Am I missing something?

The 5BWs don't have a locking gas door either. At least my '22 doesn't! What makes you think one of the BW models has it? Am I missing something?
My 22 5BW has a locking gas door.

Yes, it is part of the standard advanced security package on all 5BWs.

hmmmm... think I misunderstood all of this. I thought you guys were taking about a locking gas door COVER (as in you have to open it w/ a button or switch from inside like you do the hood).
Guess your car doors have to be locked for this feature you're talking about to work though......gonna have to check next time I have 'er out.

Guess your car doors have to be locked for this feature you're talking about to work though......gonna have to check next time I have 'er out.
I just checked mine and with the car locked, the door is locked. Correct, have to unlock the car to unlock the gas cover. ‘22 5VBW

hmmmm... think I misunderstood all of this. I thought you guys were taking about a locking gas door COVER (as in you have to open it w/ a button or switch from inside like you do the hood).
If your car is unlocked why worry about the gas door being unlocked? My previous Mercedes worked just like my 5BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back