Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Leather Seat Bolsters Looking Worn but Brand New

CT5-V Model

Nihsnek

Does anyone have pictures of their full semi-aniline leather seat bolsters when they were brand new? I just took delivery of my new Blackwing today and the driver's bottom seat bolster is super creased already. They are tan seats.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image1.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
Can you post a picture?

Thx

How many miles were on it when you got it? It does look like a bunch of fatties carelessly climbed in and out of it many times

Mine looked like that too with only 6 miles or so…I was worried that they would wear easily but actually are fine after 4-5 months.. I think it left factory that way. Pic is from delivery.
686EBF30-47E8-4ADA-A5CF-1A1E3770B1CB.jpeg

Here is mine brand new

Attachments

• IMG_5531.jpeg
    IMG_5531.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
I think the brown faux leather just shows the normal wear much more. Remember the RULES when dealing with the ladies!

#1 Don't talk more stupid than the last one?
#2 Roll/Taco/Pancake my Bolsters and your done!
#3 Don't tell me what I should/have to do?

Dem da RULES!~

Someone posted a picture in here in another thread of another vehicle that had similar creasing. Not sure.

Here's is what mine looked like pre-delivery from the dealer. They logged a warranty claim for me, and once I get the car from the detail shop next week; I can bring it to my local dealer anytime to get it replaced under warranty. I'll wait to see how it actually looks in person first.
IMG_3755_web.jpg

Here's is what mine looked like pre-delivery from the dealer. They logged a warranty claim for me, and once I get the car from the detail shop next week; I can bring it to my local dealer anytime to get it replaced under warranty. I'll wait to see how it actually looks in person first.
View attachment 25624

Mine looks very similar just with most of the creases closer towards the seat back. I asked the dealership to start a warranty claim.

View attachment 25624
The outside passenger bolster in my new Blackwing looks a bit like this, too, but not so much that I’m going to make a claim.
I figure that eventually the wear on the driver side bolsters will “catch up” to match as I will be driving without a passenger more often than not.
If it were as much of a difference as yours, I might be less forgiving.
That said, the lack of attention to detail at quality control, especially given the cost of the seats, is disappointing.
IMG_5036.jpeg

Mine has 13K miles, only last 2k put on by me, but seats look very similar. I have warranty time left and watching but at this point Im not terribly concerned about it.

Attachments

• 20240428_153424.jpg
    20240428_153424.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240428_153433.jpg
    20240428_153433.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Mine look like that too, but I don't consider it wear. The seats are wrapped in bovine skin and I take the character and creases as a natural part of leather.
More like the reality of the situation.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners