Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hard to sell looking like this!

BW56M

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V BW 6M
Saw this at a local Cadillac dealer on Sunday. Nothing new.....right?

Sadly it was new and in need of a serious detail. The interior was just as dirty as the outside.

Maybe it's just me.........but that car would be spotless, sitting on the showroom floor, if I were the sales manager.

Resized_20240512_151045_1715646593299.jpeg

Resized_20240512_151154_1715646631897.jpeg

A lot of people don't take care of their cars. It seems to be the majority and not the minority anymore.

Probably just a salesman or owner's car.

I do know that the GM has been driving it occasionally. I still wouldn't leave a high demand car looking like that.

Maybe they don’t trust the dealership to wash the car. Whenever I’ve had to take my car in for warranty work, I said please, whatever you do do not wash my car.

Same here. My car is dirty af and I'm avoiding washing it too often to avoid scratches. I'm sure the tint guys thought I didn't gaf about my car when i dropped it off, but truth be told I do.

A lot of people don't take care of their cars. It seems to be the majority and not the minority anymore.
I live in a fairly affluent neighborhood. In the 12yrs we've lived here I have NEVER seen someone washing their car. What that tells me is LAZY. Don

I live in a fairly affluent neighborhood. In the 12yrs we've lived here I have NEVER seen someone washing their car. What that tells me is LAZY. Don
Most people in this country are lazy. We still do all of our yardwork, cleaning of the house, and most of our car maintenance. I am still changing oil because I don't like paying the dealers and I don't like their work. I see people in their twenties and thirties with a maid and a landscape guy. What a waste of money in my eyes, but I believe in the freedom to spend your money as you see fit.

To be fair, not everyone has all the essentials required to properly wash a car today. I know when I take my car to the local detail shop they are using a reverse osmosis watering system that makes my well water look like pond scum. I believe the solvents they use are aligned with the ceramic they used initially. The wheel brushes are used only on wheels. The towels are safe from fabric softeners and other things my machine at home would pick up. That is the service I expect I am paying for. Of course to the contrary, no one will treat my car the way I do but I don't have the tools and not always the time to do it.
The OP is from a dealer who should be thinking of trying to sell the car. Maybe keeping it dirty is the service managers thinking of how he can keep it as a demo for a little longer since no one is interested in buying it.

My god...those wheels. Even a spray with the hose for cryin' out loud!

I wash my cars once a year, in the fall to get the bugs off for the winter. I simply don't care that others think I am a slob. What they don't realize is that having a clean car all the time tells me that they have little going on in their lives that is more interesting than washing a car.

Most people in this country are lazy. We still do all of our yardwork, cleaning of the house, and most of our car maintenance. I am still changing oil because I don't like paying the dealers and I don't like their work. I see people in their twenties and thirties with a maid and a landscape guy. What a waste of money in my eyes, but I believe in the freedom to spend your money as you see fit.
My views are as you comment. Again, here in my neighborhood, lots of people pay for their lawns to be mowed, others often have maids.

No maids for us. Yards are 3 acres minimum though many lots have lots of trees and steep back yards. I just get on my new Cub Cadet and mow away.

Although I've done my own oil changes for 60 years, that seems to be ending. The Road Atlanta IMSA skirts don't seem to allow a jack for lifting the car. The other car, a Stinger GT1 has a funky oil filter I just don't want to deal with. Sigh.

My views are as you comment. Again, here in my neighborhood, lots of people pay for their lawns to be mowed, others often have maids.

No maids for us. Yards are 3 acres minimum though many lots have lots of trees and steep back yards. I just get on my new Cub Cadet and mow away.

Although I've done my own oil changes for 60 years, that seems to be ending. The Road Atlanta IMSA skirts don't seem to allow a jack for lifting the car. The other car, a Stinger GT1 has a funky oil filter I just don't want to deal with. Sigh.
I don't blame you. I am tired of getting down on the garage floor and getting up is no picnic. Old knees and hips are problematic. But at least I am still driving and enjoying it.

I don't blame you. I am tired of getting down on the garage floor and getting up is no picnic. Old knees and hips are problematic. But at least I am still driving and enjoying it.
The other thing about the Stinger is that there is a plastic shield covering the bottom of all the underhood equipment. About 10 fasteners to remove. I have a partial rotator cuff tear. I am able to do pretty well at the gym by being selective about which machines to use but dealing with those fasteners aggravates the tear. Don

This is my car at the dealership where it sat for over a week before they were able to prep it for delivery. Another customers car delivered on the same truck somehow earned a spot indoors. Needless to say the car did not go back to this dealership for service.
20230127_145353.jpg
20230127_145428.jpg
20230127_145403.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!