Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hands-free decklid opener vs carbon fiber diffuser

leres

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Does anybody understand why adding the CF2 (CFV) option deletes the hands-free decklid (TL3)? Given the crest projection light, I assume there needs to be a hole in the diffuser; is it as simple as they didn't want to have a second part numbers for the (expensive) carbon fiber version of the "rear valance diffuser"? Does this mean if you add the CF diffuser to a car that didn't come with it you can just drill a hole in it and keep hands-free decklid functionality?

I don't have your answer, but I can tell you I don't have CF2 and the hands-free trunk opening only works about 1 out of 20 times for me. I wouldn't drill any CF to get it...but that's just me.

Huh, mine works nearly every time the first try. It does take some practice to get the right location and foot speed/pattern.

Last edited:
I don't have your answer, but I can tell you I don't have CF2 and the hands-free trunk opening only works about 1 out of 20 times for me. I wouldn't drill any CF to get it...but that's just me.

I did the full hokey pokey on mine and that thing never worked once. The projector light is cool but that's about the extent of it's usefulness.

I did the full hokey pokey on mine and that thing never worked once. The projector light is cool but that's about the extent of it's usefulness.
And you had the keyfob in your pocket. Maybe the electronics module was on constrain or not working.

Mine actually works when I think it won't. I don't seem to have any issue, but I always center myself on the rear bumper and give a little kick. I have had it trip when washing the car and have my mitt in the area (fob nearby). ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back