Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V FLOOR JACK LIFT GUIDE - 4BW

Cadillac CT4-V model

bl4ck_wng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, Razor E100
As promised, here is a summary on how to lift your 4BW safely using pinch weld adapters and a floor jack.

While this is the best method I have found so far, this is a living thread where any improvements or suggestions are always welcome. The only thing that I ask is that this particular thread remains on the specific topic of the 4BW, as the lifting procedure between the 4BW and 5BW is NOT identical.

As with lifting any vehicle, always chock your wheels from the opposite end to prevent movement, and use a level surface. Jack stands are strongly recommended for anything more than a quick wheel swap.

If you are ever unsure or don't feel 100% confident, just take a pic and throw it in here/ask away. This procedure is nice and easy, despite all the confusion you may have seen across the forums.

Enjoy and best of luck.

-AR

Attachments

• 4BW_LIFT_PROCEDURE.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
Amazing! Thank you for taking the time; a true service to the community!

For the ZL1-Style lift pads - did it seem like after you did the necessary trimming to mount them up that you could leave them installed permanently AND they wouldn't require any add'l adapters? Like just roll your jack/ quick jacks underneath and good to go?

Hoping not to create another one of those jacking debates, but the service manual does not list the pinch weld to be used for the rear on the 4BW. I've just used my jack with a large rubber cover to contact the suspension bracket with no problems.

Attachments

• Document ID_ 5485814.pdf
    387.5 KB · Views: 53
Amazing! Thank you for taking the time; a true service to the community!

For the ZL1-Style lift pads - did it seem like after you did the necessary trimming to mount them up that you could leave them installed permanently AND they wouldn't require any add'l adapters? Like just roll your jack/ quick jacks underneath and good to go?

Happy to do my part. Whenever I have needed something, this forum has always come through with meaningful insights and a few laughs along the way.

For the ZL1 Style lift pads, I mock fit them because I did not want to commit to trimming the rocker panel (Considering upgrading to a 5BW or a C8 at some point). This design has much more overhang on the rocker than the pinch weld adapters I settled on, but I would bet that you may need some additional clearance to access the pads easily with the quickjack. Pads or lift pucks may be required for this, but this remains untested.

I personally would not recommend attaching these to your car permanently. Things love to fly off at the track

Hoping not to create another one of those jacking debates, but the service manual does not list the pinch weld to be used for the rear on the 4BW. I've just used my jack with a large rubber cover to contact the suspension bracket with no problems.

Yes. I tested that lift point and even made a custom saddle for that suspension component. Here is the product that I used/cut up

In the end it was so sketchy when just lifting the one corner that I abandoned ship. I had a hard time finding a good spot on there where it would stay in one place. If there is a better way, please share (maybe stacked hockey pucks with a screw through them) . I want to make sure I am also doing this the most correct and safe way

we can always revise the guide!

Last edited:
Have you figured out where to place jack stands while the car is jacked up via the pinch welds? Every other car I've owned had separate jacking points, either front/rear central or inbound enough at the corners to fit jack stands on the pinch welds.

JACKSTANDS

Yellow X marks the spot for the rear (per instruction manual)
No clue on the front. I would imagine there is a lift point the middle to secure it with both wheels off the ground. I really just lift mine an inch or two to swap out wheels, this is gonna need some further investigation

1713880618335.png

I wonder if there is a MAC vs Microsoft issue here? When I click on it, it "flies" off to the upper right corner of the screen and vanishes.

Thoughts? Thanks, Don

JACKSTANDS

Yellow X marks the spot for the rear (per instruction manual)
No clue on the front. I would imagine there is a lift point the middle to secure it with both wheels off the ground. I really just lift mine an inch or two to swap out wheels, this is gonna need some further investigation

View attachment 25503
I use these in front. RR sells 8" 10" and 12" versions, and I recommend the two-piece: Adjustable 4+4 Stacked Wheel Cribs Set

I wonder if there is a MAC vs Microsoft issue here? When I click on it, it "flies" off to the upper right corner of the screen and vanishes.

Thoughts? Thanks, Don
Works fine for me in Windows and Android.

It's just a PDF so try another one to verify it's not your PDF viewer settings.

I use another orange style jack pad with included rubber blocks that came with my QuickJack. The rubber blocks make contact with the rear suspension bracket, but they're soft enough that they don't damage it, while providing enough clearance to the QuickJack not to make contact with the rockers or any other parts. While I'm not entirely satisfied with it, I feel it's safe and it works. But I think I'll try those rubber pucks in lieu of the blocks as they seem like just the right size.

Same here. I can use my jack pad adapter on the front pinch welds but it is easier to use the full size rubber jack pad on the rear suspension bracket since the rear pinch weld area is too tight.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 7.48.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 7.47.29 PM.png

Thank you. I was waiting for this write up. Much appreciated.

What jack stands you recommend? What if I want to have the entire vehicle up on stands without a lift?

Can you clarify if the car your directions are based upon is CF2-equipped?

Same here. I can use my jack pad adapter on the front pinch welds but it is easier to use the full size rubber jack pad on the rear suspension bracket since the rear pinch weld area is too tight.

View attachment 25514

View attachment 25515

Just ordered one of the larger rubber pads for the rear — this looks much better than the one I tried (and added a groove to)

Also thanks for all the suggestions and how you all do this

I’m glad to see this thread finding the best method/solution in a way that does not leave us crosseyed

I followed this same method using a quickjack 5000 SLX. Pinch welds up front with rubber blocks/pads and then rubber blocks on the rear suspension bracket. Took a few tries to make sure everything was lined up (always overly cautious lifting a car up for the first time), but once that was done, was up for a few hours for first fluid changes with no issues.

1713926834414.png

@mfbmike I'd like to see some close up pics on the quick jack contact points. Thank you!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back