Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Does your Blackwing get a Christmas present?

Very nice setup and congrats!
Is that a Kranzle pressure washer? I love my Kranzle 1122 model with built in reel. I notice you are using a MTM PF22.2 foam cannon. I have been using the same for over a year and love it as well especially with all of the quick connections.
At the beginning of this year I bought Spot Free Wash System DI filter system to avoid water spots and can wash my cars even on hot summer days.

I bought mine a portable tire inflator. I know it has one, but as impressive at the factroy one appears, I thought this would be a better performer.
1671555774565.png

Car wash setup envy. I clean damn near weekly with few exceptions. I need to treat myself.

Very nice setup and congrats!
Is that a Kranzle pressure washer? I love my Kranzle 1122 model with built in reel. I notice you are using a MTM PF22.2 foam cannon. I have been using the same for over a year and love it as well especially with all of the quick connections.
At the beginning of this year I bought Spot Free Wash System DI filter system to avoid water spots and can wash my cars even on hot summer days.
Kranzle, very nice. I'm told they have the best build quality.

I have the Annovi Reverberi AR630TSS. I tested mine and it puts out around 2 gpm @ 1100 psi on a MTM Acqualine 4.0 nozzle, which is the sweet spot for car washing. The PF foam cannon at $100 is totally worth the money, it puts out shaving cream if you want it or you can spread it thin. I had bought this setup as a package (less the Cox reel and shelf). Having everything setup like this is the game changer because I'd spend half the time prepping. Now I can just turn the water on and flip a switch.

The water filter is pretty slick, I had mine hooked up to my house filter system but I had more water spots then connected to the main line. Hard water spots can be a big issue, and they can etch clear coats so badly they need paint correction. My water is OK and in direct sunlight I'll spray a drying agent on while it's still wet before I dry it.

WTF, I feel like a noob regarding this. As much as I've spent building and outfitting my garage that I never really put a lot of thought into this aspect.
I have a 2 post lift, A/C, NG heat, bathroom, Quincy compressor with full loop and drops everywhere, hot water heater and hot/cold mixing valve mounted outside but using a $100 electric Home Depot PW🫤

WTF, I feel like a noob regarding this. As much as I've spent building and outfitting my garage that I never really put a lot of thought into this aspect.
I have a 2 post lift, A/C, NG heat, bathroom, Quincy compressor with full loop and drops everywhere, hot water heater and hot/cold mixing valve mounted outside but using a $100 electric Home Depot PW🫤
What, no kegerator?

🤣 damn, I’ve been in the air compressor industry for over 35yrs and I don’t have my garage outfitted that good! Nice!

I know it can be swirly on paint and isn't great in the wind, but I finally broke down and bought a car cover - not the snazziest of holiday gifts, but ya. Now I just have to wait a couple weeks for them to make it.

18660PT 2022 CADILLAC CT4:CUSTOM CVR
SUPERWEAVE TAUPE
Auto: 2022 CADILLAC
CT4
V BLACKWING WITH ANTENNA POCKET WITH 2 MIRROR POCKETS Material: SUPERWEAVE
Color: TAUPE

What, no kegerator?
[/QU
Lol, I'm mainly a whiskey kinda guy but do keep stocked mini fridge with water, beer and moonshine.
Was a wrench for 30 years so completely self-sufficient to do my own repairs and mods.
Did I mention 65" and surround sound?😎

Attachments

• PXL_20221220_211229876.jpg
    PXL_20221220_211229876.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20221220_211135122.jpg
    PXL_20221220_211135122.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
I'm not convinced the PW is worth the investment over a decent cannon and good soap. My electric HD washer has worked fine. A reverse osmosis water system is in the house already including to the spicket.

I'm not convinced the PW is worth the investment over a decent cannon and good soap. My electric HD washer has worked fine. A reverse osmosis water system is in the house already including to the spicket.
I’ve had my fair share of inexpensive PW’s and extremely satisfied with my Kranzle system. It’s a great German built tank like PW and depending on tastes, may not be worth the investment to some. I don’t mind spending money on great tools that I frequently use. Unless weather is bad, I normally wash 1 to 2 of my cars per week and now find more enjoyment while doing it.
Like the MATCO toolbox that Old Goat has in his pic, great investment for a great box when even a cheaper one could hold tools, but why? I know my over priced Snap On box is over kill, but makes me happy.

I use the DI set up because I achieve zero TDS and zero water spots. I can wash my black truck during hot summer day and allow it to dry in its own with zero water spots. I live in an area with hard water 289 to 304 TDS and got tired of suffering from water spots regardless of what I did/used and didn’t want to use another chemical to aid drying when I don’t even have to dry it after washing anyway. Water evaporates and zero water spots. Another added benefit is that zero swirls as I don’t wipe the surface so no drying aid needed. I hate swirls especially after spending so much on ceramic coatings.

When I checked into an RO setup in the past, I would have had to have a storage tank setup due to the slow water generation, could not guarantee zero TDS and higher PH out the nozzle. It’s been a few years, so maybe systems have improved and appears yours works fine for your needs.

I also have a MetroVac blower if I want to super quick dry my vehicles, but don’t need to use it except on very rare occasions such as fast drying of brake rotors to minimize rusting.

I figured I would treat myself now and have less for others when I can’t 😉

If I washed cars every week I would probably look into something nice like yours. Truth be told I've washed my BW three times now since taking ownership a year ago TODAY! Two times were mine and the other the detail shop I trust. My other cars get the regular tunnel wash with my monthly subscription to the local turtle wax.

If I washed cars every week I would probably look into something nice like yours. Truth be told I've washed my BW three times now since taking ownership a year ago TODAY! Two times were mine and the other the detail shop I trust. My other cars get the regular tunnel wash with my monthly subscription to the local turtle wax.
Seems I was washing weekly just to clean brake dust off rims

I have the same plate frame. Got it on eBay. It's stainless steel, Blackwing emblem is laser etched into black coating. Actually a nice piece and costs around $20

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back