Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

200.gif

Cut him a little slack......

I'm discussing Blackwing live pricing in a thread about Blackwing live pricing on a message board about Cadillac V Blackwings, so...

GM is well aware that there is a pricing "miscue" with these as evidenced by the $4K rebate. My argument is that it's still not enough, at least not to me
Actually, this is a thread on what dealer's are selling at MSRP....

And cars sit on lots all the time, and at some point, they will get discounted. It works out for some of us some of the time, but it seems they have sold plenty at MSRP (or better) so not sure you're correct in your argument. For some reason, some of the builds that got allocated, folks didn't want, hence discounting. I never looked at the A10s, so maybe they are being discounted further. Go get the best deal you can, but you buy this car for the engine, transmission, and handling, not it's interior quality, which isn't bad, and in today's world of car pricing, fits in line with other cars in this class that provide the performance this one does.

It's called price of admission. Can't pay it, don't want to pay it, don't come in. Move on to the next show.

As far as being discounted, that's called supply and demand...Economics 101. GM over built, rates went up, etc.

I had a 4BW. It's a awesome machine, especially in the twisties. Never had a newer Camaro, so I can't compare them. If I didn't really need a SUV, I'd buy a another 4BW in a heartbeat as a daily driver.

All I was saying is that GM has another very similar offering in the stable with MORE equipment for $11,000 less than a base spec 4BW, sticker to sticker. That's a pretty big pricing miscue if you ask me, unless 2 extra doors,
As I said before, if you don't need the 2 extra doors and you want an automatic there's a whole load of options available. (Like so many many cars, not just the camaro)

The CT4-V blackwing's value prop(for me and many others) is that its the cheapest RWD manual car with 4 doors. It really is. There's nothing else. The next cheapest car is the M3 in the mid 70s.

Why even look at the blackwing if those main factors(4 doors and manual) are not even on your radar?

All I was saying is that GM has another very similar offering in the stable with MORE equipment for $11,000 less than a base spec 4BW, sticker to sticker.
Also,

That's hardly a GM thing.
BMW m2, same engine same chassis as the M3.
15K less than an M3.

It's a detuned version of the engine, and it's not the same chassis.

I've had an M2. I now have the M4, which is the same chassis and engine as the M3 but with two doors.
The M2 is much closer to the M3 this generation.
I am presuming you had the last M2?

Just purchased a black CT4 V Blackwing manual over the weekend at Delaware Cadillac. Price was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful. Definitely recommend these folks based on my experience.
Just a note to others reading, Delaware Cadillac is at MSRP for 4BWs, but have all their 5BWs listed with a $20k markup.

As I said before, if you don't need the 2 extra doors and you want an automatic there's a whole load of options available. (Like so many many cars, not just the camaro)

The CT4-V blackwing's value prop(for me and many others) is that its the cheapest RWD manual car with 4 doors. It really is. There's nothing else. The next cheapest car is the M3 in the mid 70s.

Why even look at the blackwing if those main factors(4 doors and manual) are not even on your radar?
Because all the 1LEs in my area are sold, to be totally honest with you. And I only support the General Motors industrial complex with my hard earned $$. May give the S650 a look but knowing myself probably not.

There are 3 Blackwings on the local lot that have been there for months. 1LEs are gone before they put the pictures up on the website.

I told my sales dude to just zip me back the deposit and we can order a 24'when they open up. I'm not in a rush, the car was always going to be for next season anyway

Because all the 1LEs in my area are sold, to be totally honest with you. And I only support the General Motors industrial complex with my hard earned $$. May give the S650 a look but knowing myself probably not.

There are 3 Blackwings on the local lot that have been there for months. 1LEs are gone before they put the pictures up on the website.

I told my sales dude to just zip me back the deposit and we can order a 24'when they open up. I'm not in a rush, the car was always going to be for next season anyway
Open up? 24s are already hitting the dealers with a lot more in transit.

1LEs are gone before they put the pictures up on the website.
Its too late if you are contacting dealers based on their webpage inventory. I was on several dealer waitlists and waited for 6 months before my ZL1 order was accepted by GM. In the meantime i contacted over 30 dealers across the country and it was much harder to find a 2SS 1LE closer to my spec.

Its too late if you are contacting dealers based on their webpage inventory. I was on several dealer waitlists and waited for 6 months before my ZL1 order was accepted by GM. In the meantime i contacted over 30 dealers across the country and it was much harder to find a 2SS 1LE closer to my spec.
Sounds like I should probably snatch up this 2SS 1LE at around $2000 off sticker.. but it's an auto

Sounds like I should probably snatch up this 2SS 1LE at around $2000 off sticker.. but it's an auto
If its a MY23, you should. Prices are going up with MY24 and it might be hard to get a desirable spec due to shorter production run.

If its a MY23, you should. Prices are going up with MY24 and it might be hard to get a desirable spec due to shorter production run.
Yeah I noticed the increase for MY24. Only thing holding me back is the hefty price for a transmission I don't really want. And that a enthusiast spec 1SS 1LE manual will probably sell better

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back