Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For Sale CT4V BW Savage Cadillac Carbon Fiber Wing - $125+Shipping (read description)

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

BWDudeBro

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT4VBW
Up for sale today is a CF wing for CT4V BWs looking to replicate the CF1 package wing. I got this from Savage Cadillac (listing here). I tried this to see the quality before committing to the Tapout wing at a significantly higher price. I knew going in that I'd "get what I paid for," but was surprised to find out how:

The weave of the CF and finish was far, far better than expected. It was packaged well and flawless out of the box. However, the savings they pass on comes in the fact there are no mounting provisions other than 3M tape. At least it is the name brand VHB tape! Looking back it would have been fine, but my solution was to install rivnuts/ nutzerts on the bottom of the wing, and feed M6 bolts up through the underside of the trunklid to secure the wing completely.

This was a great plan for 3 out of 4 rivnuts, but on the 4th I slipped and drilled too far, coming through the top of the wing. I filled this hole with UV cured epoxy, sanded it 98% flush, and polished the repaired area.

This means two things:
  1. There is what basically looks like a 1/4" black dot in the top surface of the wing. My personality type is one that wouldn't let me ignore, so I gave up and ordered the TapOut.
  2. Upon seeing my repair wasn't satisfactory for me, I didn't install the 4th and final rivnut, so there are 3 out of 4 installed. I'll include the M6 bolts, some washers, and the 4th rivnut if you want to try, but between 3 and the tape, it won't go anywhere.

However, just because this didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for one of you! I'm confident it will mount up securely with 3 rivnuts and the 3M tape, and the black dot/ repaired area probably won't bother some as much as it would have bothered me. Get your CF1 replica wing for a deep discount!

This will ship in the same box my tapout wing arrived in with plenty of packing. Buyer pays shipping - if interested, let me know your zip and we'll work up a quote based on UPS ground or whichever carrier.

PXL_20240211_202550806.jpgPXL_20240211_202717517.jpgPXL_20240211_202631993.jpgPXL_20240211_202602161.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back