Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Buying a Certified 5V Blackwing - Paperwork states "Kong Ported Supercharger - Stock tune" ?!?!

5VBW Nick

Just here for facts
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
So, I am in NY, and just traded my '21 RS6 for a '22 Blackwing from Arizona. The car has 6,600 miles and is Cadillac certified. I haven't seen it in person yet, just all done via phone/email. On the official paperwork I was signing today with a notary, the 172 point Cadillac inspection form had a small section at the end for notes and it says "Kong Ported Supercharge - Stock Tune". That was it, and I was never told of anything like this. So how do I found out more about that upgrade? Maybe contact Tapout? Curious what pulley size it has, or if it has the ported throttlebody (it must?).

The crazy part is that they certified it knowing there is a ported blower on there, I'm thinking this is not normal, but I'm kind of excited it has that on the paperwork. That means if I have any problems down the line they can't blame it on the aftermarket blower since they acknowledged its existence while certifying it.

Any thoughts on this? Does anyone around San Francisco or Arizona (areas mentioned on CarFax) know of this car??

Also, it looks like aftermarket Cadillac emblems front & rear.

-Nick

Attachments

• 2dd352abac1806cae0c7d69a186ae5f9_largethumb.jpg
    2dd352abac1806cae0c7d69a186ae5f9_largethumb.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 25e141007acb2d65899b10fcb5171d5bx.jpg
    25e141007acb2d65899b10fcb5171d5bx.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 47
  • cced8826cac902325840cdcb1a8c86b4x.jpg
    cced8826cac902325840cdcb1a8c86b4x.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 48
I'm more curious about the power train warranty being unaffected by this.

I don't know of this car, but you can read more about the Kong port service here - Kong Performance CNC Ported LT4 Supercharger & Snout

Adding that the porting works fine with stock tune, but more power can be had with a tune. Tapout has posted before that they actually remove fuel from the stock fuel table to make the power.

Last edited:
"That means if I have any problems down the line they can't blame it on the aftermarket blower since they acknowledged its existence while certifying it."

I would not count on that......

Reactions: RKS
I have never trusted those stupid 172 point inspection reports. They probably only actually check 25 things that are obvious and then just check every other box as if it was done.

Here are a couple photos. Definitely has the black ported throttlebody and different S/C pulley, but can't tell which from blurry pics my (73 year old) salesman took. Hopefully another week or so I will have the car in person.

Attachments

• 1000011788.jpg
    1000011788.jpg
    789 KB · Views: 48
  • 1000011790.jpg
    1000011790.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 48
I have never trusted those stupid 172 point inspection reports. They probably only actually check 25 things that are obvious and then just check every other box as if it was done.
The upside (even if they don't really check everything) is that they have to warranty it like they did (talking CPO, here). It might be an inconvenience because of that, but it will be taken care of.

That's wild if they CPO something with aftermarket mods on it, wonder the legal strength of those CPO documents are cause you may want that if something goes wrong.

They will likely warranty the normal stuff, but aren't going to warranty anything that is not a GM part.

Sounds like a good deal to me, I ran this setup for 6k miles with zero issues.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back