Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Bought the CT5 V BW From ReCar

Brid-Man

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 V BW
Hello All. I did make the mistake of not asking to see the oil pressure first. From the reading on the ZL1 forum getting that resolved can be an big issue even with a factory warranty. I did pay for the "other" warranty. That said, It should be getting delivered soon... I'm not looking to do any mods. I've got a lt1 TA that has been a never ending project. However I do want to remove and replace all of the expendable items for storage like the wipers, floor mats, original air filter and maybe a few other. I've heard there's a auto parts supplier that has a good list of parts. Any pro tips?? Also if any one knows the original owner of the car I bought that would be neat. I'd like to hear the story of it being stolen and how it was recovered.

You bought a recovered stolen car? You want to preserve the original wipers? Can you explain a little more as to what's going on? I'm genuinely confused.

Yeah, I wanted to be in my budget, I don't see anything wrong with taking the best possible care of the car to preserve it's value and maintenance.

I'd like to hear a story with some cohesive organization and structure...I'm kidding (mostly).

I think we need a little more context for what you have and why you're storing the OEM wiper blades.

If I was going to buy a 20 year old car, I would be delighted to find the original expendable items were removed and stored. To me, that would be a selling point in 20 years. Another being I've never had wipers work as good as the one that came on the car brand new. Have you ever went to a car show and seen a classic car with the wrong floor mats? I'm not diagnosed with OCD, but seeing the mismatched floor mats hurts for some reason. Akin to that, if (never say never) I ever did bolt on mods, I'd like to save the OEM parts.

So you are buying the car purely to store it and sell it many years from now ?

I don't think you've read any of the posts here..........

Plus you may not be familiar with the ROI such a practice typically brings. Spoiler - usually a terrible "investment".

How much did you pay for it? What kind of condition is the car in?

Typically, collectors look for original owners not stolen recovery cars, just saying.

What year and what's the last 4 of the VIN? We can look it up in the Blackwing Registry for you to see if original owner history is there to share (or just share the year and the numbers on the steering wheel.)

I am a stickler for collecting "original" stuff when I buy a car that is very desirable. I have Car and Driver/ Road and Track magazines that have all the Blackwing articles that were written. I printed out many articles from online reviews of the car. I bought the nice floor mats and immediately covered them with aftermarket mats. I have laminated the original window sticker. I have printed up the complete 2022 5BW Registry from this forum. I have the complete list of options available (wheels, interiors, etc.) and the dealerships who took delivery. I have two binders of 5BW info and add to it everytime I come across something interesting that I may not be able to find years from now. When I sold my 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, the new owner was ecstatic to get all the stuff I had saved. I have memo books that contain every bit of maintenance , date and cost, for all my vehicles. Its hard to keep track when stuff was done. I just got an automated email that my Dodge Challenger was due for an oil change.....I just had it done in April !
I only wish that dealerships still printed the nice color brochures that they used to have on new cars. Everything is digital/online now.

I can appreciate keeping OEM parts and paperwork, I do the same. I do keep a healthy perspective for whom I'm doing it for. When I sold my SS it felt like the scene from About Schmidt where his life's work ends up in the dumpster. Most people aren't going to care as much as the original owner/collector.

To the OP, you bought a theft recovery, you already have what amounts to mismatched floor mats and poor wiper blades. And I just diagnosed you with OCD for wanting to preserve the original air filter. Just enjoy the car and purchase consumables as needed.

Maybe it's me, but I'd never buy a theft recovery car unless I'm going to beat it to death or track it.

If I'm buying a car as a "collector car" to be a future collectable, it would be new, off the show room floor, into a climate controlled garage, and barely driven (you know, like @Tall Steve).

As a collector, I wouldn't even consider a theft recovery, flood, or salvage title. Actually, not even as a daily driver.

I am a stickler for collecting "original" stuff when I buy a car that is very desirable. I have Car and Driver/ Road and Track magazines that have all the Blackwing articles that were written. I printed out many articles from online reviews of the car. I bought the nice floor mats and immediately covered them with aftermarket mats. I have laminated the original window sticker. I have printed up the complete 2022 5BW Registry from this forum. I have the complete list of options available (wheels, interiors, etc.) and the dealerships who took delivery. I have two binders of 5BW info and add to it everytime I come across something interesting that I may not be able to find years from now. When I sold my 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, the new owner was ecstatic to get all the stuff I had saved. I have memo books that contain every bit of maintenance , date and cost, for all my vehicles. Its hard to keep track when stuff was done. I just got an automated email that my Dodge Challenger was due for an oil change.....I just had it done in April !
I only wish that dealerships still printed the nice color brochures that they used to have on new cars. Everything is digital/online now.
You sir are my hero - how much do you want for a duplicate copy for a 2023? Haha

I've heard there's a auto parts supplier that has a good list of parts. Any pro tips??
You can buy any of the 3 Caddy floor mats for the BW (all weather, premium or standard) at the Caddy store onloine or form any dealer.

I'd like to hear the story of it being stolen and how it was recovered.
How do u know it was stolen? Seems crazy they would advertise that.

Manufacturers are required to supply parts for vehicles for 10 years. Drive it for 10 years and then start stockpiling oem parts from one of the many online dealers - that way you don't need to store them for 10 years.

In practice, I have found everything is available for at least 15 years (especially since the 10 years starts from the year the last vehicle was sold) - That's when I start to stockpile parts. I just bought two complete sets of oem suspension bushings for my 92 Honda in hopes of keeping it on the road forever.

I'll buy a set of Mag ride shocks about 15 years from now and store them on a shelf, because I think that is going to be the consumable that will be impossible to find 40 years from now (but finding wiper blades won't be an issue)

I was thinking about parts in the distant future............those shocks are what worried me............

Does anyone know if they're shared with any other GM vehicle ? They're available on a pretty wide range of vehicles, and other companies - even Ferrari - also license the tech from GM.

Maybe there will be a supply.........

I own lots of old cars. In California there's no rust, but rubber parts wear out: hoses and suspension bushings specifically. If you store the car in a garage, the rubber seems to last longer (no issues at 25 years at least) while a 25 year old car stored outside with need all new rubber.

The issue I see on these will be brakes and shocks. I don't think any other cars share the 15-1/2 rotors but I could be wrong. And shocks almost by definition have damping tuned to the specific vehicle. At 15 years buy spares of both of those. In the distant future my prediction is you'd either need to get your shocks rebuilt or perhaps switch to an aftermarket set without the Mag ride. Remember, these are made by Beijing West Industries not a US manufacturer like Monroe so who knows what part support will be like in the distant future

These are extremely low volume vehicles (we're not talking Model A or Beetle or Mustang numbers to get the aftermarket interested)

My 1967 Cadillac deVille convertible is in a shop right now and the mechanic broke my new signal switch that I've been sitting on for 2 years from OPGI. Now I need another one and just hope they still have a reproduction part readily available. Its always a bytch trying to find parts for a 56 year old Cadillac.
My "Beauty and my Beast".

Attachments

• 20230124_162645.jpg
    20230124_162645.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC