Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Advice & Suggestions Wanted - Newly Purchased CPO 4BW Has Replaced Trans

Benneyb

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Hi all,

Would be curious about thoughts and input for my situation.

So I did in fact purchase a 2022 CPO 4BW over the weekend. Very nice car, only 6700 miles at the time, manual trans. Car seemed pretty well loved/cared for - had PPF on front, ceramic coating, basically immaculate inside and out. Carfax showed no early oil change unfortunately, but one visit at about 2600 miles for "Vehicle Serviced" - details listed were Fluids Checked, Transmission Checked, Brakes Checked. But, looking closely through the various CPO related documents, there was a page with Transaction History. Listed here were the two recalls done on the car and ZREG-Regular Vehicle Transaction - 8441780 - Transmission Replacement at 2615 miles.

The car drove fine in test drive, and during the 500 mile trip home. The only problem with the trans I noticed was me, the operator, knocking off about 13 years of auto only rust - rev matching ain't there yet.

I'm more pissed the dealership didn't mention anything, and the details were apparently wiped from Carfax. Apparently its not much of an issue for Cadillac/the dealer otherwise it could not have been CPO'd.

Thoughts?

Where in NC are you, Benny? I used to work with a guy named Benny. Probably not you. LOL

So... a couple of weeks ago, I was driving the wife's BMW X5 and it died. TLDR; engine dropped a valve, entire thing replaced, wife pissed, car traded. I'm curious to see what the carfax says on it.

I wouldn't worry at all about it. Manufacturing defects happen. If it was the owner that trashed it, more likely it would have been just the clutch that they replaced. Enjoy the car, and congratulations!

Good choice on the selection of three pedals. :beer

Carfax is not necessarily updated quickly. I found that out when I sold my bmw. Turns out it had a bit of damage by the rear passenger door. That wasn't on the carfax when I bought it cpo from a bmw dealer, but when the guy I sold it to pulled up the carfax 6.5 years later, there it was.

Carfax is not necessarily updated quickly. I found that out when I sold my bmw. Turns out it had a bit of damage by the rear passenger door. That wasn't on the carfax when I bought it cpo from a bmw dealer, but when the guy I sold it to pulled up the carfax 6.5 years later, there it was.
I'm aware that it may take a while; I'm really just curious to see how it's reported. It could range from "engine replaced" to "drivability issue". Or my favorite, "performance checked".

How likely is that the first owner abused the car to the point that the transmission was damaged? Or is it more likely that this was a defective transmission? I have never had a problem with a transmission and I have owned a lot of sports cars. If the owner abused the car, what other components are likely to fail prematurely? Using Carfax is advantageous, but also using AutoCheck can help gather information about the car. I remember when an accident did not show up on Carfax, but it showed up on AutoCheck.

Thanks all for the comments and input. The car does run very well, no trans related issues that I can see at this point. Will cross fingers and hope for the best while I enjoy the car.

Bimmerfan - I'm in Wilmington. Been here since August last year after making the move from NJ.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back