Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2023 CT5 Blackwing Engine Failure (Shavings)

CT5-V Model
That's great news, I hope they treat you well (financially).
That will be the interesting part. I’ve heard extremely varying accounts of the values folks have gotten. They wanted to give me another one but I just don’t have the confidence in the model based on the other things I’ve heard. One day after my buyback was approved another guy posted in the BW owners FB group about his motor going at 3400 miles. Something is up with how they built some of these cars.

I saw a couple of different articles about the 6.2L in the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalades having issues. Lots of them are getting new engines. Read about bad castings on 1600 3.5L Ford Expeditions (2024's?). They are going to replace the long blocks. Hyundai replacing thousands of 2024 Palisade engines due to bad valve springs. It's a little scary out there.

Really? I counted 3 actual individual claims of engine failure, and I'm not sure that all 3 were for the LT4.

Maybe I don't know how to use reddit, but that's not enough to concern me. Plus, it's the internet, who knows how much of it is for real?
i didnt read too many comments but the second one alone referenced 6 of them and that was just in one week/local area
"The tow truck driver showed up and said I was the 6th ‘22 Escalade for him to tow that week, all with the same problem. I thought he was kidding/just making conversation but sure enough, when I got to my dealership the following Monday to pick up my loaner .. the 5 others were there 🤦🏻‍♀️ "

What seems to be the issue? Shit bearing clearances for the water oil gm recommends?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back