Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Did the 1,500 mile oil change.

Used a UPF63R filter and Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30.

Installed Sto N Sho for the ridiculous NYS front license plate requirement. Now just waiting for the plates to arrive. Next up, decide which PPF detailer to use.
Where in LI
used exclusive in Nassau

Where in LI
used exclusive in Nassau
I am looking at Supreme Shine NY in Bohemia, xclusive Autoworks In Massapequa and 631 Coatings in Farmingdale. Feedback if anyone on LI that have used any of them would be appreciated. Just looking for full front, full ceramic and window tint

I am looking at Supreme Shine NY in Bohemia, xclusive Autoworks In Massapequa and 631 Coatings in Farmingdale. Feedback if anyone on LI that have used any of them would be appreciated. Just looking for full front, full ceramic and window tint
I may have already spoken to you about this, but I had a great experience with 631 coatings. They know their stuff and stand by their products. I had a previous car have some wrap issues 2 years later and I brought it in and they fixed it, no charge, without even asking. Really stand behind what they do.

20240514_153235.jpg
20240514_153302.jpg
20240514_153316.jpg

I'm not sold on this yet. The CF knob is nice and has good weight. The medallion feels cheap and plasticky and obviously I need to do something with the Camaro emblem.

I may have already spoken to you about this, but I had a great experience with 631 coatings. They know their stuff and stand by their products. I had a previous car have some wrap issues 2 years later and I brought it in and they fixed it, no charge, without even asking. Really stand behind what they do.
Yes you mentioned 631, I have to go there to get a quote as they would not provide over the phone. Just need to find the time to head over...

You couldn't just unscrew the medallion from your shift knob and put it on this one?

I tried. The screw was in with blue threadlocker but even with the screw out; the medallion is still wedged in pretty good. I don't want to destroy the OEM knob.

Today, I locked my phone, wallet, and keys in the trunk inside my golf bag after a range session. I thought those three honks sounded kinda odd :ROFLMAO:
How did you resolve the situation? Did the door or trunk open with the key in the trunk.

How did you resolve the situation? Did the door or trunk open with the key in the trunk.
Locking is inhibited if the key is inside the cabin or in the trunk. Doors and trunk will open. If the cabin was previously locked and you opened the trunk and keys got closed in, the car unlocks. Those are my observations.

Locking is inhibited if the key is inside the cabin or in the trunk. Doors and trunk will open. If the cabin was previously locked and you opened the trunk and keys got closed in, the car unlocks. Those are my observations.

This may be a setting of some kind. I never unlocked the car, just popped the trunk from the fob (press 2x), then closed the trunk down (with fob inside). I was totally stranded and could not get into the trunk. Doors were also locked.

Resolution was to to get the Cadillac "lifestyle" app running on another phone that I borrowed from a buddy

Then remote into my work pc from that phone to verify the email address. Took like 15-20 minutes and I got lucky I wasn't the last person there. Alternate solution was to have my gf bring my spare set to me.

Will experiment further later today to figure this out. I do not want to experience this one again. Especially not in the rain lmao

This may be a setting of some kind. I never unlocked the car, just popped the trunk from the fob (press 2x), then closed the trunk down (with fob inside). I was totally stranded and could not get into the trunk. Doors were also locked.

Resolution was to to get the Cadillac "lifestyle" app running on another phone that I borrowed from a buddy

Then remote into my work pc from that phone to verify the email address. Took like 15-20 minutes and I got lucky I wasn't the last person there. Alternate solution was to have my gf bring my spare set to me.

Will experiment further later today to figure this out. I do not want to experience this one again. Especially not in the rain lmao
Did you get a 3 horn chirp when you closed the trunk? Mine will give the chirp in this situation even though I have the chirp notification turned off if I leave the keys in the cabin. The trunk won't unlock with the latch, but the driver door unlocks (I locked the car with the fob and opened the trunk with the 2 button push like you did).

Another consideration is that the fob was sufficiently shielded where the car could not sense it being there. I'm just throwing mine in the trunk to do the testing.

Installed Sto N Sho for the ridiculous NYS front license plate requirement. Now just waiting for the plates to arrive. Next up, decide which PPF detailer to use.
Any recent NYS buyers from out of state dealers get their plates yet? Checked my DMV and nothing showing up as of yet. First time for me buying from out of state dealer, not sure what to expect on lead time to get reggy and plates, going on 4 weeks.

Any recent NYS buyers from out of state dealers get their plates yet? Checked my DMV and nothing showing up as of yet. First time for me buying from out of state dealer, not sure what to expect on lead time to get reggy and plates, going on 4 weeks.
From my experience with the past few cars I have purchased out-of-state, it can take 6 to 8 weeks before the other state gets all of their paperwork straightened out and then mailed to you. This is why they give you temporary registration tags for when you get the car. I got my blackwing from Arizona and it just arrived last week, and the temporary tag is good until the end of July. They told me it takes a while and they aren't lying. It sucks though, because I have to drive around with no ability to put a front plate on and I cannot get a registration or state inspection done until I have the title. I feel like it makes me a bit more of a target to the local police.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back