Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is this a shipping block?!

sethsquire

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
I just drove to pick my son up from daycare in the rain and the car starting squeaking over bumps something terrible. Once I deposited the child at home, I went back to glance into the wheel well and saw this in the front. I can't see the shocks in the back, but is this a shipping block?

Attachments

• 20220627_173625.jpg
    20220627_173625.jpg
    801.1 KB · Views: 216
yes....dealer did not do thorough pdi....seeing so much of this
Anything else I should see if they didn't do when I go in to get them removed? I'd just do it myself but I lent my jack to a flakey friend who doesn't answer the phone...

Anything else I should see if they didn't do when I go in to get them removed? I'd just do it myself but I lent my jack to a flakey friend who doesn't answer the phone...
Check these out:

Thanks all for this excellent info!

Update: got the shipping blocks removed. Kid then drove my car out of the service bay and promptly stalled the car right in front of me, smh...

On the plus side, the squeaking is gone and the front suspension doesn't feel so much like an oxcart now.
I stalled mine once or twice, no biggie lol as long as he wasn't grinding the clutch I think it'll be okay.

I stalled mine once or twice, no biggie lol as long as he wasn't grinding the clutch I think it'll be okay.
I wasn't concerned about it, it was just kind of an obvious fail. I've actually stalled it myself a couple of times, and ground 1st gear once for at least some reason. I attribute it to getting acclimated to the car.

I learned to drive stick on a 2000 Mustang V6 Convertible. I bought the car was about 12k miles, and the clutch lasted well past 90k even with that abuse. IMO, unless you drive like a moron, ride the pedal, or aggressively slip and launch at every stop, the average clutch is good for many 10s of thousands of miles even with a few snafus.

I wasn't concerned about it, it was just kind of an obvious fail. I've actually stalled it myself a couple of times, and ground 1st gear once for at least some reason. I attribute it to getting acclimated to the car.

I learned to drive stick on a 2000 Mustang V6 Convertible. I bought the car was about 12k miles, and the clutch lasted well past 90k even with that abuse. IMO, unless you drive like a moron, ride the pedal, or aggressively slip and launch at every stop, the average clutch is good for many 10s of thousands of miles even with a few snafus.
right on. the 4BW even handles a start in 3rd gear :ROFLMAO: .. it's not pretty but I was just as surprised as Dustin when I accidentally started from 3rd on the test drive, without stalling.

Ok, how can anyone stall the 5 BW??? I'm not the best driver but in the 11 months I have owned the car I have never stalled it........ My BW will be having a birthday in 22 days!

Agreed. I've been driving manual for 30 years (took my driver's test on an '83 Accord 5-speed) and I have never once had to replace a clutch. I call it having mechanical sympathy.

Sir, it's more like 6 times, and that's better!!! Thank you very much! 🤣 And I rowed the shit out of them gears at Spring Mountain without any issues!!!!!!!!
I always find if I stall it's because I was babying my start trying to save fuel, rather than during spirted driving. Lesson of the day: Don't save fuel. Full Throttle Baby!

I always find if I stall it's because I was babying my start trying to save fuel, rather than during spirted driving. Lesson of the day: Don't save fuel. Full Throttle Baby!
This. Ironically more likely to stall if I'm trying to be gentle.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back