Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I hate carfax

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
Hopefully this link will work for you, if not, details below. I guess it's a warning for those who are used car shopping.

It's the wife's former X5. The engine was replaced by bmw under warranty. She traded it in on a porsche, totally disgusted with bmw. Carfax reported:

• Vehicle serviced
    • Maintenance inspection completed
    • Valve cover gasket(s) replaced
    • Cooling system checked
    • Spark plug(s) replaced
    • Cooling system bled

LOL, I guess technically they did do all of that. They had to remove the spark plug to see the dropped valve remnants. And they bled the coolant after replacing the long block.

How did it run after the replacement?
I can't afford a used German car; even more so one that is out of warranty.

How did it run after the replacement?
I can't afford a used German car; even more so one that is out of warranty.
She didn't even bother to get it after the repair, the BMW & Porsche dealers are part of the same family, so they took the trade without too much hassle.

It's like the old computer term.....garbage in, garbage out.

Hopefully this link will work for you, if not, details below. I guess it's a warning for those who are used car shopping.

It's the wife's former X5. The engine was replaced by bmw under warranty. She traded it in on a porsche, totally disgusted with bmw. Carfax reported:

• Vehicle serviced
    • Maintenance inspection completed
    • Valve cover gasket(s) replaced
    • Cooling system checked
    • Spark plug(s) replaced
    • Cooling system bled

LOL, I guess technically they did do all of that. They had to remove the spark plug to see the dropped valve remnants. And they bled the coolant after replacing the long block.
50i? Hard to imagine a 40i with the B58 needing an engine replacement.

I’d say the car fax a little short on details. Also it’s a certified preowned BMW what could go wrong? :p

Carfax's are generally inaccurate and/or in most cases don't really tell the full story. Many cars that have been involved in accidents won't even show that on a carfax.

Decent guide for most people but a proper PPI is always best.
Thats good advice no replacement for a proper inspection.

My shit carfax story goes like this: When I was trying to sell my SS, the database showed over 20,000 more miles than the gauge. Lost that sale because the mileage entry was made based on my vanity plate that someone else also had in the same state but was for a B-truck plate registration. Why they weren't using the VIN like anyone with a brain the size of a pea is beyond me. Fuggin idiots screwed a deal I had..

Just happened recently with my Jeep after having the trans replaced under warranty, carfax only shows “Transmission checked” 👀

IMG_8040.jpeg

Carfax does bring you some peace of mind, just like when you bring a stripper home, get ready to stick it in, and then ask her "You're clean, right?"

At this point I see every new bmw as a rolling piece of garbage. Can't help it with their track record. None of them age well.

Well no, that's not true there is the, uh, the 5 no, um, the 6 no they don't make that any more, the X that, oh forgot, no, that one is crap too, let me see what about the beautiful new Z/Toyota that you can now get in a manual transmission for only $4K extra to have a rubbery remote non-involved computer overloaded stick and OK, yes, you're right. ;) LOL

Actually, my experience with them is that either you get a good one, or a problem child. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. And regardless, after a few years they are all money pits.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back