Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Funny you asked about Black Diamond Tricoat. A little backstory about that color... I grew up in Detroit, and the 2008 recession hit our family hard. My dad who worked at Chrysler, lost his job, our home was foreclosed, and our only car was repossessed – it was a tough time, but a pretty typical story for Detroit at the time. I was finishing high school then, and my goal was to graduate from Central Michigan University (the most affordable state school) and get a job quickly to help my family recover financially.

After graduating, I landed a job at GM and worked there for almost six years. Every dollar I earned went towards helping my family climb out of the financial hole left by the recession. While at GM, I participated in "The Ambassador Program," which allowed employees to rent a vehicle for a week from their fleet each quarter. Mostly Chevy Malibus, Buick Enclaves, and a handful of performance cars that everyone fought to get. We got lucky one quarter and got a Cadillac CTS V in Black Diamond Tricoat. We made the most of that week, traveling to Toronto to visit the aquarium, showing off the car to my friends and family, and created wonderful memories. That was in 2014.

Fast forward ten years, and my family is better financially, and this time, I'm fortunate enough to afford such a magnificent car. I found one in manual, with the exact specs I wanted (heated/cooled seats), and it’s in Black Diamond Tricoat. Best of all, it was less than two hours away. I had to pull the trigger.

Now that I'm done blabbering, pictures attached. On the left, the 2014 photo of the V we had for a week, and on the right, the new addition a decade later. I still have the same life partner I started out with (now my wife). GM got my family out of the hole 08 put us in, and I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to pay them back.
That's such a cool story (well, the end)! And wow that color looks AMAZING on the Blackwing! And I'd say that if you got a car less than 2 hours away, the way you want it, AND got that discount, you did great!

Also, I actually went to college in Michigan and dated a girl that went to CMU. I graduated from GVSU but also went to Calvin College for a year (my wife went there all 4 years, we shared the same freshman year, but didn't meet til 20 years later haha).

Funny you asked about Black Diamond Tricoat. A little backstory about that color... I grew up in Detroit, and the 2008 recession hit our family hard. My dad who worked at Chrysler, lost his job, our home was foreclosed, and our only car was repossessed – it was a tough time, but a pretty typical story for Detroit at the time. I was finishing high school then, and my goal was to graduate from Central Michigan University (the most affordable state school) and get a job quickly to help my family recover financially.

After graduating, I landed a job at GM and worked there for almost six years. Every dollar I earned went towards helping my family climb out of the financial hole left by the recession. While at GM, I participated in "The Ambassador Program," which allowed employees to rent a vehicle for a week from their fleet each quarter. Mostly Chevy Malibus, Buick Enclaves, and a handful of performance cars that everyone fought to get. We got lucky one quarter and got a Cadillac CTS V in Black Diamond Tricoat. We made the most of that week, traveling to Toronto to visit the aquarium, showing off the car to my friends and family, and created wonderful memories. That was in 2014.

Fast forward ten years, and my family is better financially, and this time, I'm fortunate enough to afford such a magnificent car. I found one in manual, with the exact specs I wanted (heated/cooled seats), and it’s in Black Diamond Tricoat. Best of all, it was less than two hours away. I had to pull the trigger.

Now that I'm done blabbering, pictures attached. On the left, the 2014 photo of the V we had for a week, and on the right, the new addition a decade later. I still have the same life partner I started out with (now my wife). GM got my family out of the hole 08 put us in, and I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to pay them back.
Very cool my man! I wouldn't have prospered without GM either from many angles in my life and my families life!
I have 3qty GM vehicles in the garage and all run absolutely wonderful!

That's such a cool story (well, the end)! And wow that color looks AMAZING on the Blackwing! And I'd say that if you got a car less than 2 hours away, the way you want it, AND got that discount, you did great!

Also, I actually went to college in Michigan and dated a girl that went to CMU. I graduated from GVSU but also went to Calvin College for a year (my wife went there all 4 years, we shared the same freshman year, but didn't meet til 20 years later haha).
I'll be moving back to GR in a month or so, so if you're still on the west side, you'll probably see it around! My wife actually learned how to drive manual at the Calvin College parking lot lol. Small world!

I'll be moving back to GR in a month or so, so if you're still on the west side, you'll probably see it around! My wife actually learned how to drive manual at the Calvin College parking lot lol. Small world!
I actually lived in Chicago when I went to college there, but my wife still has family in GR. It's a great city, since I love "little-big cities." I live in Nashville area right now which is nice but I'm not 100% sold on it here yet.

I might ask if I can sit in the car whenever it is in GR. I live in kzoo, and I've been trying to find a 5BW with sunroofs and high performance bucket seats to sit in so I can gauge head room before pulling the trigger on one.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back