Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What's the Hold Up?

ElastomerGuy

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Rob has been so kind as to create and maintain the Blackwing Order Tracker. According to the order tracker, as of today, it looks like there have been about 33 Blackwings produced. All of them appear to be at status 3800, produced. Anyone have any idea why there is not one of them that has made it to status 4100, shipped? My car was produced last week Seems like a week is more than enough time to get it on a truck. Anyone know what the hold up is?

Quality Control regarding the cars themselves. Logistics regarding the most efficient deliveries. These are very high profile cars. The last thing that they want is quality issues with any of the reservation cars.

the Escalades sat for over a month awaiting QC inspections and shipping.

Rob has been so kind as to create and maintain the Blackwing Order Tracker. According to the order tracker, as of today, it looks like there have been about 33 Blackwings produced. All of them appear to be at status 3800, produced. Anyone have any idea why there is not one of them that has made it to status 4100, shipped? My car was produced last week Seems like a week is more than enough time to get it on a truck. Anyone know what the hold up is?
33 produced?? WTF, how did I get 0043 vin???

Tall Steve:
That's my mistake. I counted the VINs on Rob's list. There were 33 there. Obviously there have been more than 33 produced. Not everyone that purchased a car has asked Rob to follow their order. Sorry about the under count on the cars produced. Now, where the heck are our cars?

I think user CT4-V Blackwing hit the nail on the head above. Nobody has advanced out of QC yet, or the codes would advance to 4000 or 4100 I think?

Cengland had the very first VIN on the forum, so they'll probably be the first person to see advance. Was hoping we would see that this week, but with the information we are given, still QC for all.

Nobody knows how long or what's really involved in QC other than normal basic tests monitoring suspension, noises, etc. I think 2 weeks would be enough, but I know nothing about QC on this scale. It could certainly be longer. Once they advance to the "ready to ship" code, it may take another 2-3 weeks to actually ship beyond that.

So maybe no pictures of cars in-hand until mid-August, but that'll be here in no time. We'll definitely be getting some video impressions next week to whet our appetite further.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back