Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What's the difference here?

hawgs911

Seasoned Member
Anybody happen to know? Not opposed to paying for quality just curious why one is 3X the price of the other?

Attachments

• SC.PNG
    SC.PNG
    784 KB · Views: 112
  • TT.PNG
    TT.PNG
    903.7 KB · Views: 117
Made in China, questionable quality and fitment. You get what you pay for.

Someone did buy the one from savage and confirmed it doesn't fit. From what I recall, it apparently is intended to go over the stock Non blackwing lip spoiler (base model). It's in another thread on here. I begrudgingly (pricey) just ordered the one from tapout but it likely won't ship for a little bit @WONT TAP care to comment on the quality of yours vs the competition? (And when things will ship 😀)

One fits and one doesn't. I kicked out the monies for the Tapout one and have been pretty happy with the product.
Here's a pic of each version that I received (They shipped the wrong version originally) and the installed product:
20221206_150225.jpg

carmen fibre.jpg

20221226_185039resize2.jpg

Someone did buy the one from savage and confirmed it doesn't fit. From what I recall, it apparently is intended to go over the stock Non blackwing lip spoiler (base model). It's in another thread on here. I begrudgingly (pricey) just ordered the one from tapout but it likely won't ship for a little bit @WONT TAP care to comment on the quality of yours vs the competition? (And when things will ship 😀)
Our carbon fiber components are the same quality as OEM, and sell for approximately 60% less money.

By the way, our first of several carbon fiber shipments arrived this evening right as we were locking the doors. We don't know which products are in the crates yet, but we should be able to start filling some of the oldest backorders and preorders on Tuesday.

Part of the issue I would think is this is an after market fit?
Obviously not an OEM piece, but it's molded off OEM and fits like OEM...

Our carbon fiber components are the same quality as OEM, and sell for approximately 60% less money.

By the way, our first of several carbon fiber shipments arrived this evening right as we were locking the doors. We don't know which products are in the crates yet, but we should be able to start filling some of the oldest backorders and preorders on Tuesday.

Looks like a quality part. Will probably pick one up.

Not sure that 60% number is an accurate comparison though considering the factory part comes "shipped" and installed.

I was at the Tapout open house last Fall, and I held their version right up to the factory one on their car and they were identical to me. Of course, that was just a visual comparison of the real and repro side to side and not being fitted, but I think that the quality of the part makes fitting an unlikely problem. It's a beautiful and solid piece.

It was me who ordered the cheaper one to test the fitment-- You are absolutely correct about the fitment.

The cheaper Chinese ones are designed to slip directly over the non-blackwing decklid spoiler just like a phone case slips over a cell phone (adhered around edges with 3m double sided tape). It looked pretty good to me uninstalled, but ultimately didn't have the clearance to get over the edges non-CF spoiler on the blackwings. I even used a dremel to get the extra material out of the way, but it still didn't fit quite right.

IMO, opting for the Tapout CF components is probably your best bet, not only for the quality, but also for actually realizing any benefit from its intended functionality.

No complaints on Tapout's CF bits from me. They all fit well and are worth the money.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back