Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What APR did the dealer offer you?

shiftdown

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'22 CT4 BW, '98 Lancer Evo5
On my previous C8, I went through the dealer initially to finance. I ended up with a 3.7% rate they farmed out to US Bank. I'm sure that includes .5% or so dealer add on. I've heard people have obtained some killer rates through GM Financial on other models.

My car is at 4B00 now, so I'm starting to look around for what's going go be the best bet. Inclined to put about 50% down for now. My own credit union has offered me 2.59% which is livable should nothing better come up.

Purchasing through Sewell, so if you have direct experience, that would be awesome. Not applicable to Military type credit unions or anything that would take special requirements. Just your regular jackass off the street :)

So, if you financed, what did you end up with for an interest rate?

Attachments

• 274723211_10220725682753353_7902702456232620915_n.jpg
    274723211_10220725682753353_7902702456232620915_n.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 198
On my previous C8, I went through the dealer initially to finance. I ended up with a 3.7% rate they farmed out to US Bank. I'm sure that includes .5% or so dealer add on. I've heard people have obtained some killer rates through GM Financial on other models.

My car is at 4B00 now, so I'm starting to look around for what's going go be the best bet. Inclined to put about 50% down for now. My own credit union has offered me 2.59% which is livable should nothing better come up.

Purchasing through Sewell, so if you have direct experience, that would be awesome. Not applicable to Military type credit unions or anything that would take special requirements. Just your regular jackass off the street :)

So, if you financed, what did you end up with for an interest rate?
I got a similar rate through my dealer (as well as quoted by a credit union) when the 10 year was 50bp lower so this sounds like it's probably a good deal. All else equal, should be less paperwork if you go through the dealer.

Also, while everyone's situation is different, if you can borrow sub 3% and inflation is close to 10%, might make sense to put as little down as possible. Pay off the loan with dollars that are worth a lot less in a few years.

i am also debating whether to finance and through whom. Our CU gave us 2.99% for 7 years on a Sprinter van we bought in November.

Considering inflation, potential rate increases, and the investment opportunities that will be presenting themselves as the markets continue to crash, I think it makes sense to finance a substantial amount for as long as possible... Provided you have the cash, liquid collateral, or certain ability to service the payments.

Preference would be to finance this one through the dealer for sake of ease. Though with pre-approval, using a third party lender wasn't that much a hassle. I had to run to the bank while signing papers to grab a cashiers check.

i am also debating whether to finance and through whom. Our CU gave us 2.99% for 7 years on a Sprinter van we bought in November.

Considering inflation, potential rate increases, and the investment opportunities that will be presenting themselves as the markets continue to crash, I think it makes sense to finance a substantial amount for as long as possible... Provided you have the cash, liquid collateral, or certain ability to service the payments.

Preference would be to finance this one through the dealer for sake of ease. Though with pre-approval, using a third party lender wasn't that much a hassle. I had to run to the bank while signing papers to grab a cashiers check.
Yeah this exactly. It's should be able to get 3% or better while being quite conservative even if very risk averse.

Anyone using GM Financial? On the build and price page it shows me 1.9%.

I guess 1.9% was February's rate. Now (March) it is 2.9%. :( I noticed over the last year that it jumps around a bit (done by the month, I guess).

Last edited:
PenFed has some really great rates right now check them out
Yeah, 2.39% for 72 months. I hope GMF can match or beat that.

Wanting to revive this thread as we're now in Q2 and with the recent fed increase, wanted to see what others are getting for rates either through GM or elsewhere. I'm hoping to receive my vehicle this month 🤞

Sewell just offered me 2.8 @ 72mo. Not tremendous, but I did just buy a house a few months ago.
Thanks Shift. Do you know if that was them sourcing it out to another lender or through GM direct?

I had 2.5% at 72 or 75mo pre-approved with CapOne end of April but I'm sure it's gone up now. I am waiting to update the pre-approval until I get closer to delivery so it doesn't expire again.

Thanks Shift. Do you know if that was them sourcing it out to another lender or through GM direct?

I had 2.5% at 72 or 75mo pre-approved with CapOne end of April but I'm sure it's gone up now. I am waiting to update the pre-approval until I get closer to delivery so it doesn't expire again.
Farmed out through PNC Financial.

My real nice BofA 1.45% has jumped up to 3.04% expiring June 3rd, with my car expected to be delivered the first week of June. Debating trying penfed since they are still much lower. Has anyone gone through them that weren't members? How much of a pain was it? I've heard something about they have to physically mail you stuff and the process can take upwards of of business days?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back