Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Trunk liner

speedy

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac Ct5-V Blackwing
How do you remove the trunk liner? It has these plastic clips glued to the fabric. If you pull on the fabric it will rip from the clips. So is there a tool that helps remove it like some kind of trim removal tool?

There are clip removing tools you can use to pry the clips off. Only kicker is these clips sucks, the more times you pry them off, the more they get damaged and stop locking in place.

1670588855656.png

I have those but I was wondering if there was some special tool.

I was referring more to the actual clips glued to the liner and then they have those metal clips attached. The metal clips I'm assuming you're talking about?

I was referring more to the actual clips glued to the liner and then they have those metal clips attached. The metal clips I'm assuming you're talking about?
Actually, I'm referring to the small round fasteners that have a round head that you see after everything is installed. The metal clips are made to stay in the molded plastic, but if you take them out enough you are bound to lose one or break one. Trim tools help a lot.

Glued to the liner? I haven't looked at this car but my other cars were never glued to anything. They may appear to be but shouldn't be. The tools above will certainly work just have to apply some pressure to get under the plastic heads, then pull down and you're good to go!

I bought the set shown above and use it often. If you are going to get at your battery you certainly will use most of them. To pull that side stiff liner you need to pull the trunk edge protector and it has 4 of those metal clips as well as two bolts under the tie downs and the liner has 2 of the christmas tree pull tabs and the trunk top liner has about 8 of those christmas tree pulls.

Glued to the liner? I haven't looked at this car but my other cars were never glued to anything. They may appear to be but shouldn't be. The tools above will certainly work just have to apply some pressure to get under the plastic heads, then pull down and you're good to go!
I'm talking about the liner thats under the trunk lid.

I'm talking about the liner thats under the trunk lid.
The trunk lid liner on my 5BW had metal clips glued / heat melted on the liner which was a pain in the a$$ to pull off. No special tool other that the long plastic flat on both ends trim tool shown by Flipray is what I used while at the same time pulling outward with my fingers. As I pulled starting at one end, I could see the metal clip, stuck the plastic tool in to assist and popped off. I did have one clip pull off the liner, but then I used my hot glue gun to glue & melt back to the liner.
Pop the liner back to the lid and solid plus you can’t tell it was removed.

If you look at the metal clips, their hard, but you can bend them back into shape as necessary to make them grab tighter, but honestly my were fine after one pull and never plan to pull it off again.

Thinking about it, I guess special tools were patience and persistence 🤔

Good luck.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop