Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Surround Video Recorder (Not PDR) issue

vblkwng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I have tried 3 SD cards, all work in a PC, all formatted with Fat32 none of them are being detected by the Blackwing when inserted into the trunk SD slot...am I missing something? I tried a 16GB, a 32GB, and a 256GB, none of them get detected.

I have tried 3 SD cards, all work in a PC, all formatted with Fat32 none of them are being detected by the Blackwing when inserted into the trunk SD slot...am I missing something? I tried a 16GB, a 32GB, and a 256GB, none of them get detected.
I know in the trunk the default is 32GB format fat32. I formatted a 256GB in fat32 and got it to work. I do know there are some that won't work using the 256Gb, only 32GB but the format has to be fat32 only.

I know in the trunk the default is 32GB format fat32. I formatted a 256GB in fat32 and got it to work. I do know there are some that won't work using the 256Gb, only 32GB but the format has to be fat32 only.
Which one are you using? Cause I have tried 3 sizes all fat32 formatted, and it doesn't detect any. I plug into a computer and boom, recognized.

Do you have PDR? I do not and I have not been able to get anything larger than a 16 gig to work in mine so far.

Which one are you using? Cause I have tried 3 sizes all fat32 formatted, and it doesn't detect any. I plug into a computer and boom, recognized.
These are the ones I have been able to get working on my car. Both of these worked in my car.
I did have @burn813 try the 256GB in his and it didn't work but it worked in mine. ?? I have the 256GB in both recorders on mine and they are working. Maybe its luck that its working in mine but from what I read, the recorder in the trunk will only take 32GB or lower.

SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO SDXC
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB SDHC

These are the ones I have been able to get working on my car. Both of these worked in my car.
I did have @burn813 try the 256GB in his and it didn't work but it worked in mine. ?? I have the 256GB in both recorders on mine and they are working. Maybe its luck that its working in mine but from what I read, the recorder in the trunk will only take 32GB or lower.

SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO SDXC
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB SDHC
I have that exact same 2!

You are the second person to have the same issue as me, I am now wondering if it is something to do with not having the PDR and only having the SVR.

You are the second person to have the same issue as me, I am now wondering if it is something to do with not having the PDR and only having the SVR.
What is SVR?!? And follow up: if you have the PDR, do you get 2 card slots?

Surround Video Recorder as the title of this thread states.
If you have the PDR, there is a slot on the dash for the PDR SD Card
SVR SD Card slot is located in the trunk.

Figured I revive an existing thread on SVR, rather than start a new one. For those with SVR, does your front camera have a similar dead zone near the bottom of recorded video (green pixilated area)?

Attachments

• SVR.jpg
    SVR.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 134
Figured I revive an existing thread on SVR, rather than start a new one. For those with SVR, does your front camera have a similar dead zone near the bottom of recorded video (green pixilated area)?
I checked mine and no it doesn't.

i do, i think it is because of your license plate...

Damage, or something wrong with the camera? I'd take it in. All these are still under warranty.

Mine also has that weird dead spot. Sometimes its a static-y bright green, sometimes a static-y bright magenta.

I also had the issue of the SVR not recognizing any SD Cards, the reader ended up getting changed under warranty.

Mine also has that weird dead spot. Sometimes its a static-y bright green, sometimes a static-y bright magenta.

I also had the issue of the SVR not recognizing any SD Cards, the reader ended up getting changed under warranty.
Yes, I had instances of magenta as well. I will have it checked out the next time I go in for an oil change or something else. The problem isn't material enough to warrant a visit just for that. Though the fact that others have the same thing will likely result in a technician diagnosis of "camera operating normally". :rolleyes:

Should I be able to watch pdr recordings in the car? I can watch svr, but when i pull up the pdr all the videos are grayed out and i cant pull them up.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back