Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Semi-Aniline Interior Packages with Suede Seat Backs vs Carbon Fiber Seat Backs...

1StunnaV

Blackwing King
Supporting Dealer
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
715whp 2013 CTS-V Coupe (sold) 590whp 2016 ATS-V Coupe (sold) CT4-V Blackwing (Soon)
Blackwing King here....

I posted the 23 CT5-V Blackwing pricing guide back in May ( LINK HERE ) that referenced an item for 2023 model year that hasn't made its way yet to the production line...

This item would be the semi-aniline seats but with the suede backs instead of the carbon fiber backs.

While I don't have a date, I've been informed that these will eventually be coming. I don't know if it will be tomorrow or next year as I couldn't be provided a date. I'm not certain that they know...

It cannot be added right now so no orders can be changed. I cannot accept any requests to change to these interiors at this time as its not possible, so please do not request it.

As of right now, I still would recommend sticking to the non semi-aniline interior in order to receive your vehicle in a more timely manner....

Just wanting you all to know....

Thanks Dustin. Good to know these will come later. I wish I could have ordered them, but definitely not a deal breaker. The only missing option that would have precluded me from ordering a Blackwing would be the 6MT. Everything else is nice to have but not mandatory.

Glad they didn't forget about them, I really wish they were available when the '23 models launched (no other way to get natural interior) but I wasn't willing to delay my order and wait another 8 months for the next allocation.

Hopefully they're available soon for people who want them.

I apologize for necro'ing this thread from September. Has anything been made public about this options as of yet? There's nothing on the Caddy website. Just curious if anyone's heard anything.

I apologize for necro'ing this thread from September. Has anything been made public about this options as of yet? There's nothing on the Caddy website. Just curious if anyone's heard anything.
no.... I have not pinged them about it again....

My order just went to 3000 and surprisingly for me it has semi-aniline seats with the carbon back delete. I just checked the configurator after seeing that and it is now an option. Has anyone else had this happen?

A bit scary for me since it doesn’t seem to alter the price and I don’t really want to pay $5k the leather upgrade. My dealer is “checking” to see what the refund will be!

The upgraded leather is fully worth it IMO. I have owned both and prefer the SA by a wide margin.

If I undertand your question, it seems to me, for 2022 the SA with CF was around $6100. In 2023, it's almost $8100 and without CF it's around $5200, if my memory is correct. On a 2023, your car would be about $3000 cheaper, but you wouldn't get a refund since you haven't taken delivery. It would reflect that in the sticker.

For what it's worth, from Cadillac Society on 3/22/23:

"In order to make the Full Semi-Aniline Leather Seats with mini-perforated inserts and custom quilting available to order again, Cadillac is currently offering them without the carbon fiber seatbacks."

Cadillac Society seat back link

It does not mention the decreased cost for ommiting CF, and I haven't heard yet from my two dealer (1100) orders on availability. I have the semi-aniline with carbon backs spec'd right now, but I'd probably switch to get the car. Unfortunately, if it is $5200 without the CF backs, that's waaay overpriced for a leather upgrade in my opinion. Whatcha gonna do?

;shrug

Pricing is ballpark correct. I will say, as others have too, the SA leather is much nicer and a bit more comfortable. I also like the accent coloring on the Sky Cool Gray and the Natural Tan. It really looks nice.

5k seems steep but I’m happy to have the SA seats. Right now I’m more worried because the price in workbench doesn’t show any discount for the carbon back delete!

I was amazed that the only substantial available option was the upholstery. It is a bit embarrassing that Cadillac's flagship has optional seats that are nearly 10% the cost of the entire car !!!

I was amazed that the only substantial available option was the upholstery. It is a bit embarrassing that Cadillac's flagship has optional seats that are nearly 10% the cost of the entire car !!!

Well… seats, carbon fiber, and ceramic break rotors are all substantial available options on the 5BW.

I’m assuming the seats are actually worth the money and not included in the standard package to make the base price more competitive within its segment.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back