Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

Satin steel

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
Noticed out of all the cars on the tracker, only 2 went with satin steel on the 5 I went to a local caddy dealer today and saw a ct5 in satin steel, think im changing my order to this from white With all the carbon fiber bits im getting, think it will look badass

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
I'm one of them - dark wheels, red brakes. Also decided after seeing it on a ct5. Glad to see the red looks just a bit understated.

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
I had the dark wheels with the white. Gonna delete these , get the stock rims , sell them w the run flats and get custom rims with all weather tires

CMac_FL

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
I am the other one, only with the standard wheels, but all the carbon body things,red brakes and seatbelts. No sun roof 😉. Figured I could buy other wheels from someone if I didn’t like that. Even a brighter bronze would look good to me.

SIX 40

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Forever 1100 club
I think Satin Steel looks great on the CT5 and it was my second choice after Infrared. I just didn’t want another silver, gray or black car.

The CTS-V that I drove at Spring Mountain was Satin Steel, it looked great.

CT4-V Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Pretty sure run flats come on all the Blackwings (which I hear isn’t great)
That’s certainly not my understanding. My understanding is that we get Michelin PS4S with a special compound that puts it in between a standard Michelin PS4S and a Michelin PS Cup 2.

Last edited:

RupertH

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Hopeful...
Per the order guide:

Tires, 275/35ZR19 front, 305/35ZR19 rear, high-performance, summer-only, stop-flat

Unless these are some sort of new self-sealing tech, I assumed these were some variant of the Pilot Sport 4S ZP.

CT4-V Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Per the order guide:

Tires, 275/35ZR19 front, 305/35ZR19 rear, high-performance, summer-only, stop-flat

Unless these are some sort of new self-sealing tech, I assumed these were some variant of the Pilot Sport 4S ZP.
Thank you for the education as I was not even aware of the ZP. High Performance and Run Flat used to be oxymoronic. I guess that we’ll see when the performance metrics start being released.

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Sounds like he's old-school... ;)

I'm ordering Satin, standard wheels, no CF. If they're all mounted without centering holes, I'm seriously considering a V-badge delete. As close as I can get to a sleeper sedan.
Cheers to the sleeper look! I ordered Satin & Standard wheels too.

The carbon bits were just a little too aggressive for my taste.

All that said, I'll probably leave the v-badges. Honestly though, I wouldn't have minded a special BW badge on the back...

Semper fi 21

Seasoned Member
I am the other one, only with the standard wheels, but all the carbon body things,red brakes and seatbelts. No sun roof 😉. Figured I could buy other wheels from someone if I didn’t like that. Even a brighter bronze would look good to me.
Titan- 7 wheels i know they look amazing on type-r I am sure if they have some for the ct5 v

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
Well,

on my recently sold 2019 Z06 , I was limited by the rotor/caliper set up in regards to picking a deep dish rim. I went with Strasse SP5R With caddy mentioning that for the 5 , this will be the biggest rotor ever , hope I have enough choices with their rotor/caliper set up for a deep dish.

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
That’s certainly not my understanding. My understanding is that we get Michelin PS4S with a special compound that puts it in between a standard Michelin PS4S and a Michelin PS Cup 2.

These are in fact run flat tires. Dont think there is a donut with either the 4 or 5 With that being said, the stock tires are way to sticky for me. I will be changing out the rims and hopefully get michelin all weather run flats .... i had mixhelin as3+ on my vette, they were awesome

jwolf99

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
.... i had mixhelin as3+ on my vette, they were awesome
+1

I use the AS3+ on all of my cars for all-season performance. Treadwear does fall a little short of advertised mileage but that's likely attributed to the driver's habits as opposed to the tire itself. 😜

Mirza Grebovic

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
@Mirza Grebovic care to enlighten us on the tires?
No run flats. Stop flat means you have to stop car if flat. Trunk has an inflator and seal kit if slight puncture.

satin steel is amazing. Has such an intricate sparkle to it in the sun and at night looks very mean/stealthy. I ordered my car in satin steel originally, and every time I see one now I drool (just like I do every other color I see they all look stunning!!). But I am so weak when I see black cars....

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partner Sites

Top Bottom