Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Safety

Mikezulu18

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
So this will actually be my first Cadillac and I'm not super familiar with them to be honest. With me getting a CT-4 BW I assume the safety features and such will be comparable to the CT-4 V. Does anyone know much about what I could probably expect safety wise. I actually have a little one coming in the next few months so safety is the main priority for me as well as the fun I will have in it. Any help is much appreciated.

Eric

Seems almost exactly the same, other than the 6 speed not having "enhanced automatic breaking" which is standard on 10 speed BW and optional on CT4 V. There is a good run down of the options in the online brochure. If you compare the V vs the Blackwing, they seem identical, except it's almost all standard on the Blackwing a of them them being optional in the regular V.

Last edited:
So this will actually be my first Cadillac and I'm not super familiar with them to be honest. With me getting a CT-4 BW I assume the safety features and such will be comparable to the CT-4 V. Does anyone know much about what I could probably expect safety wise. I actually have a little one coming in the next few months so safety is the main priority for me as well as the fun I will have in it. Any help
The brochures list standard features (manual transmission) and lists available (all of the standard as well as all of the available) when you pick auto transmisison. Do those make sense to you or any questions on those? Think auto fully loaded safety features manual less due to stalling based on clutch. However, you will see "pedestrian" or "emergency braking" is on manuals too since stalling is not as important as not hitting something. Then think adaptive cruise, car will stop in traffic and go by itself, in a manual it would stall on you. Auto also has the enhanced auto braking as well as reverse braking so you dont hit things reversing, Hope that helps.
Remeber, you can select on/off in vehicle settings on these features so when your on track all are off (please read owner manual before tracking, important to turn these off).

little one? Standard rear seat reminder when you exit car!!

Attachments

• 19F73E6E-6424-4847-AEE0-C6A7B975485E.png
    19F73E6E-6424-4847-AEE0-C6A7B975485E.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
The brochures list standard features (manual transmission) and lists available (all of the standard as well as all of the available) when you pick auto transmisison. Do those make sense to you or any questions on those? Think auto fully loaded safety features manual less due to stalling based on clutch. However, you will see "pedestrian" or "emergency braking" is on manuals too since stalling is not as important as not hitting something. Then think adaptive cruise, car will stop in traffic and go by itself, in a manual it would stall on you. Auto also has the enhanced auto braking as well as reverse braking so you dont hit things reversing, Hope that helps.
Remeber, you can select on/off in vehicle settings on these features so when your on track all are off (please read owner manual before tracking, important to turn these off).
Mirza,

I really appreciate the info but I was more thinking along the lines of how well Cadillacs tend to be in accidents. IE when someone actually hits you or if I hit something. It seems like there is a full set of great safety features but I know there are no crash rating or such on the CT-4. So I was hoping I could hear people's thoughts on the afore mentioned. I did splurge on the HUD just cause I had it in my 4 series. It isn't needed but when done right it's just a really cool option.

V/r,

Eric

Oh I see, good starting point? Ratings in subject it looks like.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back