Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Retrofit PDR?

NorCal Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing MT (Current), 2012 CTS-V Wagon MT (past)
Does anyone happen to know if it's possible to retrofit the PDR into a 5BW that didn't come equipped with one? At some point mine will need to go in for parking sensors due to the chip shortage, would be neat to add PDR if that's actually doable in a reasonable way?

Does anyone happen to know if it's possible to retrofit the PDR into a 5BW that didn't come equipped with one? At some point mine will need to go in for parking sensors due to the chip shortage, would be neat to add PDR if that's actually doable in a reasonable way?
I think they mentioned doing this in the camaro6 forum and it was well over the original cost of adding the PDR at ordering. I believe they needed to replace the Head Unit a well. I'll see if I can find it

Thanks man, I appreciate it. The retrofit seems like entirely too much effort :LOL:
I'll just go with the traditional Harry's Lap Timer + GoPro combo.
There's a tow hook adapter for GoPros that could get a pretty similar perspective.

It's possible it could be different on the blackwings, but I'm guessing probably not. I assume you'd still need a new head unit since the recording portion likely still can't be done via software update. And you'd still need the different wiring harness for the additional wires that would run from the SD Card reader to the new HU

Wow. Looking at that PDF in the linked article on the Camaro forums, that appears to be a huge PITA.

Makes me feel a little better about opting for the PDR, honestly. I didn't know that much extra went into it!!

Look into a garmin catalyst

Dragy is the benchmark in the aftermarket and theres several good smartphone apps for lap timers.

Dragy is the benchmark in the aftermarket and theres several good smartphone apps for lap timers.
For straight line timing yes. It does nothing else though. The pdr gives a ton of other data that can then be uploaded and analyzed as well as video recordings. Not really remotely a substitute

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back