Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Refund check(s) from the dealer / GM?

SynisterAZ

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT4-V Blackwing
Has anyone gotten a check or checks in the mail from the dealer after purchase? I just got 2 checks from Sewell Cadillac of Dallas, first for $7.56 as a "refund for overage on vehicle inventory tax".

Second check was for $470 as a "GM price protection rebate"

Near as I can tell these are legit checks and came from the dealerships accounting department rather than some "call us to get your refund towards the purchase of X, Y or Z" type marketing.

When I bought my 4, the dealer sent me a check for a few bucks because of some overage. If you're not sure call your dealer. I'm sure the Sewell check is legit. Hey, found money!

Yes, I got a check from Sewell for an overage on taxes.

Has anyone gotten a check or checks in the mail from the dealer after purchase? I just got 2 checks from Sewell Cadillac of Dallas, first for $7.56 as a "refund for overage on vehicle inventory tax".

Second check was for $470 as a "GM price protection rebate"

Near as I can tell these are legit checks and came from the dealerships accounting department rather than some "call us to get your refund towards the purchase of X, Y or Z" type marketing.
Yes, I got the same check. $470 from Sewell. My salesperson, Scott, researched and confirmed it was a price guarantee refund because I ordered in 2022 before the 2023 price increase. I paid the 2023 price when I took delivery and they are making us whole because we ordered in 2022. This is incredible, especially considering all the dealer mark ups that have occurred in the last few years, and other dealers insisting buyers pay the dealer mark up even if they ordered a year plus in advance assuming they would pay MSRP (Ford Bronco.)

Check cleared. It’s legit.

Yes, I got the same check. $470 from Sewell. My salesperson, Scott, researched and confirmed it was a price guarantee refund because I ordered in 2022 before the 2023 price increase. I paid the 2023 price when I took delivery and they are making us whole because we ordered in 2022. This is incredible, especially considering all the dealer mark ups that have occurred in the last few years, and other dealers insisting buyers pay the dealer mark up even if they ordered a year plus in advance assuming they would pay MSRP (Ford Bronco.)

Sweet, seemed too good to be true and the jaded part of me was suspicious there was a catch. Ill deposit them tomorrow and call it gas and oil change money.

Wait, I thought the 4s went up by $1k or $1,500, no? If so, the 5s went up by $7k for MY23 plus another $500 I think in destination charge. Should I expect a big fat check? I ordered from Sewell in December 2021 and received a MY23 and definitely had to pay more.

Wait, I thought the 4s went up by $1k or $1,500, no? If so, the 5s went up by $7k for MY23 plus another $500 I think in destination charge. Should I expect a big fat check? I ordered from Sewell in December 2021 and received a MY23 and definitely had to pay more.
Big, fat? No, but you might get something based on what some others have said. Contact your salesman.

I hope you get a nice check as well, but candidly, I have no idea. I didn’t look at the actual price difference from 2022-2023 at any point in the process. Even after I got the check. I took my salesperson’s word for it and cashed it.

I'm not sure $470 makes one whole compared to 2022 pricing. But nice they did something.

I received refund checks from Sewell related to taxes that were over-collected. Great to work with such an honest dealer.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back