Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Question for Carbon Fiber Seat Back Owners

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
Did you put PPF on your seat backs?

Nope, didn’t anticipate getting rock hits on them. I also tell all my passengers to put their knives away when I’m driving.

If you have kids, especially, pre-teens, I would definitely get PPF on them. My kids are now old enough and driving their own cars, though they are enthusiasts like me and are careful on the occasions when they do sit in the backseat of my BW.

I wish I had your problem 🤤 With age comes the wisdom to err on side of precaution. Wife's usually hop in back seat and bags, jewelry or shoes tapping, scraping or contacting seat backs in anyway, 😱 I've had to buff scuffing off top of my saddlebags on numerous occasions and had to wet sand and polish shoe scratches out of my side covers on my Streetglide. Now they are ceramic coated and PPF. Just do it to save yourself any future aggravation.

I had PPF applied but I don't think the installers have kids! To their credit they said it's a very difficult piece because of the multiple sharp concavities and they tried to do it seamless. They opted to cover most of the central portion, and of that only the lower half or so, which for young kids in a seats or boosters is mostly out of reach - they also didn't manage to cover that outside back radius that would be most prone to scuffing as feet and things go in and out the door.

If I had them do it again I would ask for several pieces, I don't really mind if there are seams there as long as it's protected. If I was carting kids around all the time I would just put a decent seatback protector on.

I’m not doing any more CF parts because they are for the most part very difficult and don’t turn out that great. There are sharp angles and corners that either end up with bubbles or seams from multiple pieces.

I had the rear spoiler done and ultimately removed the PPF because I just didn’t like result. While I was removing the PPF I could definitely tell that the PPF muted the depth and 3D CF appearance. It’s hard to describe, but try out putting PPF on part of a part and comparing. My thinking is that I’d rather have a great looking part with a few nicks and scratches than the entire part looking subpar.

Last edited:
I’m not doing any more CF parts because they are for the most part very difficult and don’t turn out that great. There are sharp angles and corners that either end up with bubbles or seams from multiple pieces.

I had the rear spoiler done and ultimately removed the PPF because I just didn’t like result. While I was removing the PPF I could definitely tell that the PPF muted the depth of the CF appearance. It’s hard to describe, but try out putting PPF on part of a part and comparing. My thinking is that I’d rather have a great looking part with a few nicks and scratches than the entire part looking sub-par.
Agreed...it even dulls the exterior paint

Agreed...it even dulls the exterior paint
That’s true but I do see benefit in doing the leading edges of the car. My front end and hood gets pretty beat up in Arizona, lots of rocks and blowing sand. I would consider doing just the top of the splitter since I could care less what the underside that I can’t see looks like.

Friend of mine's son-in-law has a BMW and has spent thousands of dollars on carbon fiber parts for his car and the parts started the turn a milky white whether it was not or had poor clear coating. But it looks horrible now and it wasn't like he bought cheap eBay stuff. Makes me want to just get black parts and have it either clear coated on my own or painted to match the color of the car.

Nope. We're empty nesters. Nobody sits back there and I insist on all bags going in the trunk.

Is it bad that my kids are trained to take their shoes off when they get in?
My kids aren't that well trained... so I just wrap them in bubble wrap before placing them into my car like a carpet
wrapped.gif

My son is still in a backward facing car seat so not yet….as soon as he goes forward facing I plan to have them done.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back