Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pre delivery paint work?

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
I swear this car has had paint work prior to my taking delivery.

There are small pimples in the clear, the kind you get from dust, and other little imperfections focused on the passenger rear quarter and a bit on the rear door. They arent found all over the car, just there. These are the kind of TINY imperfections I find on my cars after paint work. We all know that NOTHING is the same as factory paint.

I am having an inspection done by the dealer 7/5. My thought is, if I am correct, the least they can do is have it professionally wet sanded as 99% of this will come out that way. This is the kind of crap we worry about with our cars sitting for months.

Now I am being picky, I know. 9x out of 10 people would not spot these little dust particles or clear coat nubs but a car has factory paint only once. This is a lot of money to spend on a car thats been retouched.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to be picky and to ask for what you want. But you should start thinking about beforehand... what if they say no?

I swear this car has had paint work prior to my taking delivery.

There are small pimples in the clear, the kind you get from dust, and other little imperfections focused on the passenger rear quarter and a bit on the rear door. They arent found all over the car, just there. These are the kind of TINY imperfections I find on my cars after paint work. We all know that NOTHING is the same as factory paint.

I am having an inspection done by the dealer 7/5. My thought is, if I am correct, the least they can do is have it professionally wet sanded as 99% of this will come out that way. This is the kind of crap we worry about with our cars sitting for months.

Now I am being picky, I know. 9x out of 10 people would not spot these little dust particles or clear coat nubs but a car has factory paint only once. This is a lot of money to spend on a car thats been retouched.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to be picky and to ask for what you want. But you should start thinking about beforehand... what if they say no?
I am not going to cause a ruckous. These are things people won't notice, but I know it's there. If it bothers me enough, I feel like a body shop wouldn't charge me much to wet sand a bit

As i mentioned in another thread my car had dirt under the clear coat on the passenger pillar above the door. Along with the razor mark on the trunk which is weird. I didn't notice anything else that looked weird, except the large orange peel areas on the rear quarter panels

You entire car is already PPF'd / ceramic, yes? Did the detailer say anything?

IMO, this is simply GM paint quality. I hate to admit it, because I love the brand, but cosmetics, fit/finish, and assembly precision are not comparable to other brands. Fortunately, the drive experience is superb, and that is the essence of the Blackwing models.

You entire car is already PPF'd / ceramic, yes? Did the detailer say anything?

IMO, this is simply GM paint quality. I hate to admit it, because I love the brand, but cosmetics, fit/finish, and assembly precision are not comparable to other brands. Fortunately, the drive experience is superb, and that is the essence of the Blackwing models.
PPF is on the nose, ceramic on the rest. Detailer is a YOUNG kid, he spotted the the ding on the roof, I spotted the rest. What I do for a living involves studying panel highlights so I am super sensitive to this.

And I could get critical to the gaps and panel fitments. This is different. This is a localized issue to 1-2 body panels next to each other-this isn't overall quality found on the entire car. This looks like something happened that they addressed POST assembly.

PPF is on the nose, ceramic on the rest. Detailer is a YOUNG kid, he spotted the the ding on the roof, I spotted the rest. What I do for a living involves studying panel highlights so I am super sensitive to this.

And I could get critical to the gaps and panel fitments. This is different. This is a localized issue to 1-2 body panels next to each other-this isn't overall quality found on the entire car. This looks like something happened that they addressed POST assembly.
Sorry for the issues. I actually had to mechanically realign my RR door, because a little jog in the body line was driving me crazy. ;)

Sorry for the issues. I actually had to mechanically realign my RR door, because a little jog in the body line was driving me crazy. ;)
weird, the front door on mine should have been realigned due to the door rubbing and chipping/removing paint

My drivers rear door gap isnt exactly great lol.

Maybe its one of the ones that was stolen and taken for a joy ride? I doubt it, just messing with you....lol

Got any pictures?

Maybe its one of the ones that was stolen and taken for a joy ride? I doubt it, just messing with you....lol

Got any pictures?
Yeah, except it's a manual, theft deterrent lol.
PXL_20220624_191911389.jpg

This pic is an example, same panel has more dirt pimples and blems like this.

that is ridiculous, especially when you look at the cost of the BW models. I just had someone try and paint correct my CT5. There are scratches all over the rear drivers taillight (which had to take some force), scratches on the hood that won't come out and scratches on both the front and rear bumper that are too deep to get out. This shouldn't be happening on a car that's 6 figures. There are also paint quality issues and dimples in the paint in several places. Can 99% of people notice any of this standing 6 ft away? No, but a car like this shouldn't be like this. My dad's arrived with more issues than mine and there's a ding right in the body line in front of the fuel door of his that likely can only be fixed by respraying the entire rear quarter and blending into other panels. I'll try and post up some pics tomorrow when light is good. I'm hoping that PPF will hide most or all of this and really don't want to have it put on to then take back off to repaint and then put back on again.

that is ridiculous, especially when you look at the cost of the BW models. I just had someone try and paint correct my CT5. There are scratches all over the rear drivers taillight (which had to take some force), scratches on the hood that won't come out and scratches on both the front and rear bumper that are too deep to get out. This shouldn't be happening on a car that's 6 figures. There are also paint quality issues and dimples in the paint in several places. Can 99% of people notice any of this standing 6 ft away? No, but a car like this shouldn't be like this. My dad's arrived with more issues than mine and there's a ding right in the body line in front of the fuel door of his that likely can only be fixed by respraying the entire rear quarter and blending into other panels. I'll try and post up some pics tomorrow when light is good. I'm hoping that PPF will hide most or all of this and really don't want to have it put on to then take back off to repaint and then put back on again.
I think because of the density of the material PPF would actually show flaws more than hide them. Especially the ding but i could be wrong

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back