Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PDI

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
My CT5-V Blackwing finally arrived!!! Dealer just called me regarding the items in the trunk and said they didn’t come with any instructions. I recall reading that the rear brake deflectors are only for track use and shouldn’t be installed, so, I told them not to install them. Is there anything else in the trunk they’re not supposed to install?

My CT5-V Blackwing finally arrived!!! Dealer just called me regarding the items in the trunk and said they didn’t come with any instructions. I recall reading that the rear brake deflectors are only for track use and shouldn’t be installed, so, I told them not to install them. Is there anything else in the trunk they’re not supposed to install?
Tell them not to toss the spacers.

Thanks. Per the owner’s manual, it appears that the brake cooling kit is not to be installed. I assume the other pieces are the rock guard, which should be installed. They also mentioned some kind of suspension cover. Any thoughts?

I would tell them to call a good dealer that really knows what's going on.... That sounds harsh but my dealer had the head V mechanic do my car and everything was done correct..They even put my spacers in the correct location in the trunk..

I would tell them to call a good dealer that really knows what's going on.... That sounds harsh but my dealer had the head V mechanic do my car and everything was done correct..They even put my spacers in the correct location in the trunk..
Sorry for my ignorance on this, but what are the spacers used for?

They are used for transporting the vehicle.
Ok, thanks. I’ve seen that in other vehicles, but what’s the motivation for keeping them after delivery?

Ok, thanks. I’ve seen that in other vehicles, but what’s the motivation for keeping them after delivery?
Some people will reinstall to transport the vehicle...I probably will not do it but I still have mine just in case...The wrecker service I use is VERY carful with high end cars so I would not need they if they transport..

Some people will reinstall to transport the vehicle...I probably will not do it but I still have mine just in case...The wrecker service I use is VERY carful with high end cars so I would not need they if they transport..
ah ok, so just if you think you’ll need to transport in the future they are good to have. Like keeping the shipping bolts on a front load washer in case you move in the future. Thanks!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back