Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Paint Protective Film

Blackwing61

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 Cadillac CTS-V | 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hi All, new member here. I got my CT5-Blackwing last week.

I noticed some people saying they were getting PPF put on or already had it on. The guy I have used in the past uses Xpel and they don't have a template yet. I have no timeframe from him. What makers have the CT5-Blackwing template?

Thank you for your help.
IMG_8229.JPEG
IMG_8230.JPEG

I noticed some people saying they were getting PPF put on or already had it on. The guy I have used in the past uses Xpel and they don't have a template yet. I have no timeframe from him. What makers have the CT5-Blackwing template?

Thank you for your help.
View attachment 4937View attachment 4938
I’m using STEK and it’s being installed free form without templates.

Thank you for your help.
View attachment 4937View attachment 4938
My guys doing xpel free form, ceramic and tints 5900

I'm in Silicon Valley which is too far 115 miles. Have you checked out OC Detailing ?? They have places all over but they are always book from 1 month to 2 months out and they are good.

Congrats and welcome! Which dealership did you get yours from?

@CT4-V Blackwing I only moved out there for not quite a year, so didn’t get to know too many places in the area. There was a shop in Woodland that did a great job tinting the windows on my company car, but never talked ppf with him.

Congrats and welcome! Which dealership did you get yours from?

@CT4-V Blackwing I only moved out there for not quite a year, so didn’t get to know too many places in the area. There was a shop in Woodland that did a great job tinting the windows on my company car, but never talked ppf with him.
Reliable Cadillac in Roseville. I am going to shop around to other shops or see if my guy will do free form.

I’
Reliable Cadillac in Roseville. I am going to shop around to other shops or see if my guy will do free form.
Me too! I was wondering who was getting the third Blackwing that was on the truck. Mine has been sitting in the showroom, and I’m (finally) picking it up on Thursday and driving it home to Vegas.

Thank you for your help.
Probably just torturing myself, but any chance of getting you to take a few walk around pics in better lighting? I was a bit worried about the look of the darker wheels against the Steel paint, but that looks amazing!

I’

Me too! I was wondering who was getting the third Blackwing that was on the truck. Mine has been sitting in the showroom, and I’m (finally) picking it up on Thursday and driving it home to Vegas.
Awesome! I saw yours, it looks great! Congrats!

I called Xpel today and my guy confirmed, they have the Blackwing template. Also, 3M has the Blackwing template. My PPF and tint is scheduled for next Wednesday. It doesn't sound like SunTek has a template yet.

Probably just torturing myself, but any chance of getting you to take a few walk around pics in better lighting? I was a bit worried about the look of the darker wheels against the Steel paint, but that looks amazing!
Its going to be a few days to get this. Here are a few other pictures in the meantime. The black rims are perfect as the trim is all black.

IMG_8261.JPEG
IMG_8263.JPEG
IMG_8260.JPEG

Anyone have experience wrapping Matte Paint? Have rift on order - considering a change but have same concerns as everyone else regarding DEF paint care and long term durability. Appreciate y’all!

Anyone have experience wrapping Matte Paint? Have rift on order - considering a change but have same concerns as everyone else regarding DEF paint care and long term durability. Appreciate y’all!
I'd have no concern at all with DEF if it was 100% protected with a matte or, satin PPF product. I have portions of my ZL1 1LE protected with Xpel Stealth.

I'd have no concern at all with DEF if it was 100% protected with a matte or, satin PPF product. I have portions of my ZL1 1LE protected with Xpel Stealth.
Appreciate the feedback - have seen xpel stealth online - looking for before after high res shots to confirm color consistency.

The black matte portions on ZL1 1LE I take it - could you tell difference before/after? Prob not with black - Would hate to have color shift due to ppf

Appreciate the feedback - have seen xpel stealth online - looking for before after high res shots to confirm color consistency.

The black matte portions on ZL1 1LE I take it - could you tell difference before/after? Prob not with black - Would hate to have color shift due to ppf
Correct and I can understand your concern. At least if you completely cover it, the color should be consistent.

I had Xpel installed on Thursday and the template is tight. Its very hard to see the edges. I also went with full hood and full front fenders.

Tint is done as well. 35 on the sides, rear and sunroof with 70 on the windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_8383.JPEG
    IMG_8383.JPEG
    998.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_8384.JPEG
    IMG_8384.JPEG
    1 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8385.JPEG
    IMG_8385.JPEG
    1,012 KB · Views: 137

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!