Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

oil change ct5v Blackwing

dwn4cause

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5V-Blackwing
Hello, seen a lot of people getting their oil changed at the dealership in 500 or 1500 miles. Just wondering if anyone has done this on their own and if there is anything different that needs to be done? Some of you have better dealerships. Mine left the spacers in, installed the track cooling ducts, and drilled holes in my bumper. I don't trust them even with an oil change. Can anyone confirm the oil filter part number? Thanks

Oil filter is PF64

Couldn't get a slot for an oil change at Caddy dealer for a couple weeks so I got a same-day slot at the closer Chevy dealer. Brought my own oil and filter and like the Cadillac dealer they charged me $20. If time would permit I'll do in between ones on my own.

SAYYY
Hello, seen a lot of people getting their oil changed at the dealership in 500 or 1500 miles. Just wondering if anyone has done this on their own and if there is anything different that needs to be done? Some of you have better dealerships. Mine left the spacers in, installed the track cooling ducts, and drilled holes in my bumper. I don't trust them even with an oil change. Can anyone confirm the oil filter part number? Thanks
WHATT?!?!

Can I use the UPF64 filter? I have several left that I also use on my C6 ZR1.

SAYYY

WHATT?!?!
yes, you heard me correctly, they (Cadillac of Beverly Hills) basically did everything wrong. I even opened up a case with Cadillac, but there isn't much they are doing about it.. oh and top it off they scratched my driver's window so it needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, the local Cadillac dealership wasn't on the list when I placed the order.

Technically I that's Dexos, Gen II.

yes, you heard me correctly, they (Cadillac of Beverly Hills) basically did everything wrong. I even opened up a case with Cadillac, but there isn't much they are doing about it.. oh and top it off they scratched my driver's window so it needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, the local Cadillac dealership wasn't on the list when I placed the order.
I hope they make it all right. Drilling into the car alone made me spine shiver.

I hope they make it all right. Drilling into the car alone made me spine shiver.
they are replacing the window, and for the front license plate holes, they gave me a discount on the car. I got the bumper plugs and it doesn't look bad. They just blend in with the parking sensors..

wow does the LT4 really take 10 quarts? just the oil and filter are fairly expensive can't imagine what the dealer would charge.

wow does the LT4 really take 10 quarts? just the oil and filter are fairly expensive can't imagine what the dealer would charge.
Those of us that have owned LT1/4 wet sump cars have gotten good at finding deals on the Mobil1 ESP. It’s $100+ oil change.

Yup, about $110 for oil and filtered shipped online. Then $20 for dealer to change the oil or do yourself if you prefer. Either way, much cheaper than what I pay the BMW dealer...(I dropped one if our cars there this morning for service and repairs and gave them the oil and filter so the labor is only $105 for the oil change...)

The GT500 has an 11.5qt oil capacity I’ve heard which is up from the 10qts my GT350 uses and that oil can be hard to find.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back