Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Not Tall Steve's Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model

Dubbed.theB

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
"Enhanced" '23 CT4-V BW
Since I have no plan to keep this car stock and instead of posting in 20 other threads, I figured I'd start one of my own to journal all the work being done...
Registry: 2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Purchased it on Halloween night. Got it right at closing, so I didn't really bother taking any pics and decided to just try to knock out the first 500 miles over the first 2 weeks. Really the only pic I had taken was during my first fill up and a random stop off at Walgreens...
fill up.jpg

20221122_145750.jpg

Pretty soon after I started planning my build, talking with some different companies and researching my options.
Measured out clearances for my preferred wheel setup... those are on order, hopefully arriving in January.
Specs for wheels are 19x9.5 +22 front, 19x10.5 +45 rear
new rear3.jpg

Ordered a set of Michelin PS4S's for them. Wanted to go with the 5BW-specific variants, but the sizes were too far off and I didn't really want to go 305s in the rear... so I got some 275/30/19 front and 295/30/19 rear sizes. The 275s are on backorder and will hopefully arrive by the time the wheels do.
Have (some) parts on order from @WONT TAP to make it look and drive how it should, like:
cars on fire.jpg

Currently at 1550 miles. Only thing done so far is a quick debadge and monochrome badges.
20221218_140840aresize.jpg

20221218_140904bresized.jpg

20221218_140915bresize.jpg

12/26/22 - Inozetek Urban Bamboo Pearl wrap, roof wrapped gloss black, door handles painted gloss black, installed TapOut forged CF spoiler, full ceramic coat: CT4-V - Not Tall Steve's Blackwing
20221226_160718resize.jpg

1/5/23 - New wheels in: CT4-V - Not Tall Steve's Blackwing
20230105_141547.jpg

Update 3/28/23: Springs, wheels and tires installed. Also installed the front lip.
20230329_113721.jpg

Last edited:
Although not specific to my build, I did order something "car related" for my wall...
I've been buying a few items from these guys and decided to actually get a custom one done... Here is the initial design from the info and pics I sent over...
cadi deck.png

Although not specific to my build, I did order something "car related" for my wall...
I've been buying a few items from these guys and decided to actually get a custom one done... Here is the initial design from the info and pics I sent over...
View attachment 15350
Is it a skate board deck, or is it wall art?

Both? I have a few of their different 911 design decks on my walls... Plus some from Swine Eleven.
20220228_163933 (1).jpg

20220228_163914 (1).jpg

What all parts have you ordered from Tapout? I'm considering the CF spoiler and the CF intake. I just need my car first lol.

Ordered most of their CF stuff, springs and their blue belt performance setup.

Did you order the splitter and the dive planes? That's the one thing I have trouble figuring out if these parts can fit on a non-CF car without mutilating the front fascia.

I did order the splitter, but not the dive planes. I don't really want to try to retrofit those as it'll be too much work.
The splitter *should* just bolt directly up, but since I haven't seen anyone do so yet, I can't say with any certainty.
When I eventually get mine, I'll be sure to post it up and have pics, etc.

I did order the splitter, but not the dive planes. I don't really want to try to retrofit those as it'll be too much work.
The splitter *should* just bolt directly up, but since I haven't seen anyone do so yet, I can't say with any certainty.
When I eventually get mine, I'll be sure to post it up and have pics, etc.
That's what I've heard too. The *should* bolt directly up. Have you looked under your front bumper to see if there's slots where this piece will go?

Also, by any chance did you see the thread about Tapout's CF intake box? Looks freaking sweet. Along with the bonus of improved performance.

The quick look I took of the underside of the bumper appeared to have hex bolts in the correct places, but I didn't measure or validate, honestly.

The CF intake looks to be pretty nice, both performance-wise and aesthetically. I actually went all in on the blue belt package after seeing their intake thread.

Alright. That's good to know those hex bolts are present. It doesn't appear too difficult to remove those two black plastic bits.
I may jump in on the splitter and wheel deflectors then. Spoiler was a no brainer. I want those dive planes but I just don't think it'll work out.

That's awesome you're going for the blue belt. The added performance is amazing to see. I need my car in hand to make some of those decisions if I'm headed that way lol.

By the way, you've got a sweet looking ride! That blue and black go really well together.

I did order the wheel deflectors from Tapout, but also bought a set of these to see if they could be used as a cheaper alternative in place of the actual ones...

By the way, you've got a sweet looking ride! That blue and black go really well together.
Yeah, about that...
I'll be updating this thread with more info/pics when I hopefully get my car back on Monday/Tuesday.

Update:
Inozetek Urban Bamboo Pearl wrap on body, roof wrapped gloss black, door handles painted gloss black, installed TapOut forged CF spoiler, full ceramic coat.

20221226_160734resize.jpg
20221226_160745resize.jpg
20221226_160757resize.jpg
20221226_160821resize.jpg
20221226_160832resize.jpg
20221226_164008resize.jpg
20221226_164139resize.jpg
20221226_164145resize.jpg
colorchange1.jpg
colorchange2.jpg

Update:
Inozetek Urban Bamboo Pearl wrap on body, roof wrapped gloss black, door handles painted gloss black, installed TapOut forged CF spoiler, full ceramic coat.

View attachment 15424View attachment 15425View attachment 15426View attachment 15427View attachment 15428View attachment 15429View attachment 15430View attachment 15431View attachment 15432View attachment 15433
How was the process for getting the door handles painted? I'd like to do it as well. If you don't mind what was the cost on that? Were they not able to also paint the silver buttons? The wrap color is crazy nice btw! Looks nuts.

How was the process for getting the door handles painted? I'd like to do it as well. If you don't mind what was the cost on that? Were they not able to also paint the silver buttons? The wrap color is crazy nice btw! Looks nuts.
They had to remove the door handles as part of the wrapping process anyways, so it wasn't anything additional required on their part to do so. Because they had to remove the door handles, mirrors and lower window trim, they did also remove the inner door panels, so that is where you'll start to get in to some complications. I'm not entirely sure you need to remove the door panels to remove the door handles, but it is possible.

They offered to just wrap the door handles at no extra cost, but since it is a point of touch and I'd honestly want black door handles no matter what color the car is, I opted to pay additional to paint the door handles. The shop that did the wrap doesn't do paint themselves, so they sent it out to an actual auto body place and it was an additional $500 to paint them. I kind of like the contrast of the silver buttons and didn't ask them to paint those.

If you wanted a cheaper alternative, you could get the already painted door handle covers from Savage Cadillac(when they come back in stock):

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back