Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Member CT4BW - Massachusetts

mrsully74

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing 46-006
Hey Everybody, took me a while to find out where all the V enthusiasts go but this is it. I have been in the VW forums for years which is a great community and it seems this is no different just on a smaller scale.

I have decided on a CT4BW as my next vehicle because the industry is changing and I’m not getting any younger so the time is now – Raiti’s Rides put this on my radar. 6 cylinder, MT and RWD are high on my want list but so was the new Golf R. After months of going back and forth I had to rule it out not only due to the infotainment and interior but more so I have been in a MK7 GTI for 7 years and it is time for something completely different. Prior to the GTI I was in Nissan/Infiniti for 15 years – 02 Maxima 6 speed manual and 08 G35X.

I have never bought a car without driving it let alone not seeing it live which makes this a little different as you guys certainly know all about. Just need to finalize the color between Wave, Satin Steel and Shadow. There are plenty of great images you guys have posted but I’d like to see them in the flesh. Any New Englander’s willing to show me their ride would be much appreciated:
@mkrup
@loudmofo
Looking forward to the journey!

Hey Everybody, took me a while to find out where all the V enthusiasts go but this is it. I have been in the VW forums for years which is a great community and it seems this is no different just on a smaller scale.

I have decided on a CT4BW as my next vehicle because the industry is changing and I’m not getting any younger so the time is now – Raiti’s Rides put this on my radar. 6 cylinder, MT and RWD are high on my want list but so was the new Golf R. After months of going back and forth I had to rule it out not only due to the infotainment and interior but more so I have been in a MK7 GTI for 7 years and it is time for something completely different. Prior to the GTI I was in Nissan/Infiniti for 15 years – 02 Maxima 6 speed manual and 08 G35X.

I have never bought a car without driving it let alone not seeing it live which makes this a little different as you guys certainly know all about. Just need to finalize the color between Wave, Satin Steel and Shadow. There are plenty of great images you guys have posted but I’d like to see them in the flesh. Any New Englander’s willing to show me their ride would be much appreciated:
@mkrup
@loudmofo
Looking forward to the journey!
Welcome! I don’t live near you so I can’t help with getting a close-up viewing but I can give you reassurance you are making a very good new car choice. I too have had a MK7 GTI for the past 6 or 7 years. Definitely a fun car that I thought I would own longer. Always thought it was the more mature, easily tunable, economic hot hatch. Taught my two teenagers how to drive a manual in it. I sold it upon my CT4VBW delivery in December. Not looking back or regretting it for a second. The 4BW is in a whole different league. The numerous positive reviews are completely accurate. It is ridiculously fun to drive and I haven’t even been to the track yet. You will appreciate the smiles per gallon factor replacing the MK7’s mpg.

Welcome! I don’t live near you so I can’t help with getting a close-up viewing but I can give you reassurance you are making a very good new car choice. I too have had a MK7 GTI for the past 6 or 7 years. Definitely a fun car that I thought I would own longer. Always thought it was the more mature, easily tunable, economic hot hatch. Taught my two teenagers how to drive a manual in it. I sold it upon my CT4VBW delivery in December. Not looking back or regretting it for a second. The 4BW is in a whole different league. The numerous positive reviews are completely accurate. It is ridiculously fun to drive and I haven’t even been to the track yet. You will appreciate the smiles per gallon factor replacing the MK7’s mpg.
That's great to hear. My twins are currently learning how to drive in the GTI (DSG) and it will be sold to make room for the BW.

Welcome from Arizona.
There are a decent amount of videos with Wave CTs. I went to the Cadillac dealer and was able to look at a different vehicle in Satin Steel, it’s a pretty light color. As for Shadow, I went to the Chevrolet dealer and looked at a PU. I ended up going with Shadow.

Welcome from Arizona.
There are a decent amount of videos with Wave CTs. I went to the Cadillac dealer and was able to look at a different vehicle in Satin Steel, it’s a pretty light color. As for Shadow, I went to the Chevrolet dealer and looked at a PU. I ended up going with Shadow.
I appreciate the suggestion. My neighbor has an Acadia in Satin Steel so was able to see that. I will widen the search to Chevy and GMC dealers.

Welcome from Arizona.
These are the best images I have found of Shadow and it looks awesome here. I realize it probably just had PPF installed and is under detailer's lighting. Would you consider this an accurate representation of Shadow?

Attachments

• B1 - Copy.jpg
    B1 - Copy.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 114
  • B2 - Copy.jpg
    B2 - Copy.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 103
  • B3 - Copy.jpg
    B3 - Copy.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 102
  • B4 - Copy.jpg
    B4 - Copy.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 102
  • B5.jpg
    B5.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 103
  • B6.jpg
    B6.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 105
These are the best images I have found of Shadow and it looks awesome here. I realize it probably just had PPF installed and is under detailer's lighting. Would you consider this an accurate representation of Shadow?
Photos B1 and 6 look most accurate. The closer-up images are appearing quite blue in that lighting. Shadow will definitely do this IMO more so than most of the other color choices. There is a good amount silver metallic flake in it that really changes the coloring depending on lighting. Mine has appeared nearly black, asphalt grey, steel blue, up to a much lighter blue under bright white cloud cover.

I think it looks great and that's good because that's what I ordered.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back